Chapter 18

[Bluepaw's POV]

I walked over to Flamepaw confused on why she was over by the trees that surrounded the gathering place.

"What's wrong?" I asked her softly. She turned back to me and smiled a little.

"Nothing is Bluepaw, I just thought I saw something and I was just checking." She said. I believed her.

"Next time let a warrior do that. What if it was a rouge?" I asked her worried for her. I couldn't lose my sister. She was my protector. She would fight of anyone that hurt me.

"I would of fought it. I can fight sis, I'm not a little kit." She said and licked the top of my head. I felt like something was wrong with her. I ignored it and sat back down with Cheetahpaw, Tigerpaw, Silverpaw, and Moonpaw.

"Let the gathering begin!" Spokenstar yowled her voice echoing so everyone heard her. "I will start. We have four new apprentices, Cheetahpaw, Tigerpaw, Bluepaw, and Flamepaw. Our prey is also running well for us." Spokenstar yowled.

"Tigerpaw, Cheetahpaw, Bluepaw, Flamepaw!" All the cats cheered all names. I looked at my siblings proudly. I laid my head on Cheetahpaw's shoulder. The cheering finally died down and I looked back to the leaders. Spokenstar had stepped back and Dimstar had taken her place.

"Mapleclan is doing just fine. We have a new apprentice as well. Her name is Moonpaw. Our prey is running great for us and our clan is well fed. I am also expecting a litter of kits." Dimstar yowled proudly. I couldn't really tell from where I was that her belly was swallow.

"Moonpaw! Moonpaw! Moonpaw!" The cats cheered. I joined with them and so did my siblings. I heard Silverpaw cheering loudly too. I smiled at him. He was happy in his new clan. That's all I cared about. That he was happy, even if we weren't with him. I wish somehow he could join depthclan with us but i knew his heart belonged to Mapleclan now.

I looked to my side and saw Flamepaw looking around. I got a little nervous.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. What could she be looking around for?

"Oh, um, it's just, um....." She started. I looked at her Amber eyes softly. She needed to tell me.

"Tell me Flamepaw. What are you looking around for?" I asked her with a slight growl. I didn't mean to growl. I didn't want to. I was just scared something would happen.

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry." She said and looked the other way.

"Flamepaw, you need to tell me now. Please." I said looking at her. I was even more scared now. What could she not tell me? I thought she could tell me everything. Was I a bad sister or was she just scared to tell me?

"Bluepaw, it's not that I don't want to tell you. It's just that I can't tell you. It's for your own safety." Flamepaw said looking back at me.

"Please just te-" I was cut off my a loud and ear piercing battle cry.