Chapter 1

[Tigerkit's POV]

I look fearfully at my brothers and sister. Flamekit was right by my side. We could fight.

"Flamekit, we need to fight them." I whispered in her ear. I looked back up at Shadow and the cat fighting. Flamekit looked at me like she was going to swat me for saying that but nodded.

"Let's do it." She smirked mischievously at me and we got up together and ran at the black cat going under Shadow's legs to sneak up on him better. We both jumped at him trying to cling onto him but he threw us off into two other cats. I jumped up quickly and hissed.

"What are two silly little kits going to do?" The white cat hissed at us.

"I'm going to protect my siblings at all costs." I hiss back staying in front of Flamekit who still laid on the ground breathing softly. I was scared she would leave me. I don't know what I would do without her. I looked back at the white cat with anger blazing in my eyes.

"You can't do anything." He laughed and I saw Heatstar running over to us.

"He might not be able to, but I can." Heatstar hissed at him protecting me and my sister. I smiled up at him. He would protect us. Flamekit weakly stood up by me.

"We need to get to the nursery," I told her quietly and she nodded being brave and trying to make it on her own. I stayed by her just in case and she tripped a few times but we got back to the nursery. Bluekit, Cheetahkit, and Silver kit were gone. I gasped and looked behind me and Flamekit fell down weak. I stayed by her as I watched one cat come closer to us. Everyone was fighting and no one could save us. I hissed a little then I saw another one coming. It was the one that has attacked Shadow. I hissed more trying to keep them away from me and my sister but that didn't work. The black one grabbed me and the other one grabbed Flamekit limply in her jaws.

I kept struggling with the big cat and saw Flamekit was waking back up. I signaled to her to struggle as much as she could. She did and we both got free. I quickly ran away from the cats that had gotten us and started to look for my siblings.

Flamekit found a scent trial later and we followed it to a fox den were Bluekit and Cheetahkit laid down sleeping. I didn't see Silverkit though. I sighed and walked into the small fox den and curled up by them both with Flamekit by me. She was weak and I could tell. I didn't want her to get hurt. I closed my eyes and hoped no cat would come in there and get us when I woke up.