Chapter 4

[Cheetahkit's POV]

I slowly started to wake up and I saw bluekit and tigerkit still asleep curled up next to each other. I smiled to myself but I didn't see Flamekit at first. I looked to the entrance of the cave and saw her red fur glistening from the light. I knew she was sitting and I sighed. How long could she of been up? I slowly got up and walked over to her and sat by her side. She didn't notice me since her gaze was fixed on the forest in front of us.

"Flamekit, how long have you been up?" I asked her quietly. She fixed her gaze on my and I shrunk back a little.

"To long, I barely slept last night. I just want to find a new home. I'll go crazy out here." She said and looked back at the ground and clawed at it.

"Hey, we will find it. The four of us. A new adventure." I smiled to her. I usually didn't talk that much.

"I know, want to come with me to see if we can find them? Since you are awake of course." She said and I nodded and we both got up. "Just follow me." She said and headed out of the cave into the forest. I shivered a little and followed her quickly since I didn't want to lose her.

We kept walking for a while then Flamekit stopped.

"I heard something." She said and perked her ears up. I nodded and stood by her and listened around. I heard some crunching of leaves and then I saw violet eyes looking at me. I backed up scared. What cat had that color eyes?

"So you are the little kits that have been in the territory?" She asked us. I backed up behind Flamekit wanting her to take care of it.

"What do you mean? We were taken away from our clan and now we are finding a new home. It's just me and three other kits." Flamekit said boldly. She didn't seem scared at all.

"Really, four of you? What are your names?" The black she cat asked us. "I'm nightpaw." She smiled.

"I'm Flamekit, this is cheetahkit, then our other siblings are bluekit and tigerkit." Flamekit said. I looked at both of them. I shrunk back as Flamekit looked at me.

"Alright, can you show me where your siblings are?" Nightpaw asked us. Flamekit nodded and started to walk back to the cave. I followed her reluctantly and Nightpaw followed behind us.

We soon got to the cave. Bluekit and Tigerkit where still asleep. I walked back to them and nudged them awake and got a claw on the nose from Tigerkit for that.

"Hey, um. We have someone that will take us to a new home." I said to them and they looked at me then at Nightpaw. "Her name is Nightpaw. She's going to take us to her clan." I smiled.

"Why are her eyes purple?" Tigerkit asked rudely and got up and sat by Flamekit.

"I was born like this." Nightpaw said ignoring his rudeness.

"fine, whatever. I just want a home." He said and I saw him shift a little. I chuckled to myself and helped Bluekit up to Flamekit and Tigerkit.

"Alright, can you all fit on my back?" She asked crouching down for us to jump up. I jumped up, then Bluekit, then Flamekit, then Tigerkit as a hesitation. I smiled at him for coming up here. "Ok, it's a long ways now, and I have to go slow because of you guys." Nightpaw said and got up slowly and started to walk out of the cave.