Chapter 7

[Flamekit's POV]

It had been a few days since me and my siblings were welcomed as members of Depthclan. I still didn't think I fit in as much as the other cats. Me and Tigerkit still were kinda outcasts. We always ate alone. That one kit, the one that Tigerkit has hissed at, wanted to eat with me. Tigerkit would always scare him away. This time I swatted at Tigerkit. I wanted to be nice to the kit.

"Hi! I'm Firekit! I know you are Flamekit." He said with the biggest smile I've ever seen. I laughed a little.

"Well, hi Firekit. It's nice to meet you." I smiled at him and looked down to the mouse I had got before. "Want to share it?" I asked not that hungry.

"Sure!" He smiled and started to eat some of it. I smiled and ate a little but that basically filled me up. I watched as he devoured the rest of the mouse. I looked around and saw Tigerkit talking to a white shecat. Anger boiled within me. I couldn't let no shecat take away my brother. I looked back at Firekit.

'Maybe that's how Tigerkit feels when he comes by. Maybe he just wants to have his sister forever.....' I thought quietly to myself.

"What's wrong?" Firekit pipped up looking at me with his Amber eyes wide with excitement.

"Oh, it's nothing." I said pushing it down not wanting to talk about it.

"Alright, just don't get mad. You may be beautiful but it's not the best when you are mad." He said looking at me. I was a little surprised.

"Um, thanks....I guess?" I kinda wasn't sure what to say. Then I saw Tigerkit coming back. I could see the anger in his eyes. I took a small step back a little scared of what he was going to do.

"What did you say to my sister?!?" Tigerkit growled at Firekit making himself bigger then Firekit who was shrinking back in fear. I didn't know what to do.

"I said she was beautiful...." He barely said. Tigerkit unsheathed his claws and swiped at Firekit. Thankfully he dodged it in time. I shrunk back in fear. I've never seen him this mad.

"Tigerkit! Stop!" I told him but he didn't listen. I looked at Firekit who was backing up even more. I saw Nightpaw running at us from the corner of my eyes and sighed in relief. Tigerkit kept getting closer to Firekit. I bunched my muscles up and tackled him down to the ground. I pinned him down easily. I was the stronger one of the two of us. Nightpaw saw us and picked up Firekit.

"What happened?" She asked but it was muffled. I looked at her.

"Tigerkit, he went out of control." I said quickly trying to hold him down still. Nightpaw nodded and let Firekit go to the nursery.

"Come on you two." She growled slightly. I bet she was annoyed. I got off of Tigerkit and hung my head down and followed her. I could hear Tigerkit behind me.