Chapter 2

[Flamekit's POV]

I looked around and at Tigerkit tiredly. I may of slept but I was still tired. I don't know why though. Almost like I had spoken that I wasn't feeling the best, Tigerkit was by my side letting me lean on him. He was such a nice brother.

"We need to hunt if we are going to be out here." I said looking up at him. He nodded and sighed.

"I know Flamekit, I know. I just don't want to let you go just in case. What if a girl gets you? I won't have you anymore." He said looking down to me. Why did he have to be the strongest of our litter. I wish I was as big as him. At least I wasn't the runt like Cheetahkit. I felt bad for him though. He couldn't do as much as me and Tigerkit. Bluekit always stayed back with him to look after him. She may be the shy one of the group but she was the glue that held us four together.

"Can we just hunt? I'm hungry." I whined looking up to him and my stomach growled.

"Fine, I'll meet you back at the cave at sunhigh. Not a moment later." He growled firmly and I nodded and ran off into the forest away from him to get some time alone. I need just a little time. I looked up at the sky then realized how small I was. The sky was so high up. I sighed and kept walking along the leaves and got a scent of something. I followed it to a small hole that I could fit into. I carefully walked down it. It smelled like rabbit. I smiled a little. I might get some food.

I kept walking down the hole till I heard some noise. I froze and realized the rabbits were in the hole. I growled softly and jumped down attacking whatever I could. I stayed by the entrance so they couldn't get by. I grabbed on of the smaller ones by the neck and bite down as hard as I could and heard a snap. I was so happy. I grabbed it and ran out of the nest and went to find the cave again.

I kept walking dragging the rabbit next to me since it was bigger than me. I smiled that I was able to get it though. I kept walking and finally found the cave. I waited by the entrance for Tigerkit and saw him coming with a bird.

"You caught a bird! That's awesome!" I smiled widely and picked up my rabbit and started to drag it into the den. Tigerkit laid the bird next to my rabbit and I saw Bluekit starting to wake up.

"Hey, it's time to get up. We have food now." Tigerkit said calmly to her nudging her up once he had gotten over to her. She swatted playfully at him and woke Cheetahkit up. I smiled and took a bite of the rabbit glad I had food now.