Chapter 14

[Flamepaw's POV]

I laid down by Tigerpaw tired. I was also happy. I was an apprentice now. I could finally tell metalpaw. I yawned and closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep soon after it.

I woke back up in the Dark Forest and looked around for the green eyes of Metalpaw. I soon saw them and smiled. He jumped out of the bush and tackled me. "Hey Flamekit." He said and pinned me down.

"It's Flamepaw now." I growled to him playfully and kicked his stomach that made him get off of me. I got up. "What are we learning today?" I asked him. This training would now be helping me to be a better warrior and maybe even leader.

"Fine Flamepaw, what do you think you are learning?" He said and playfully batted my ears. I let a huff out. I hated it when he played with me. I wanted to learn. I wasn't a kit anymore.

"Well I think we are going to be training but I can't tell because you keep playing." I growled slightly and clawed at his paw as he went to batt my ears again.

"Oh, what's wrong Flamepaw? Why are you mad? Who mad you mad?" He asked me with his big eyes. I couldn't lie to him when he did that. I sighed and sat down.

"Nothing, I just want to train so I can show them I will be an amazing warrior." I sighed. I couldn't even look at him. "No one made me mad..." I said quietly.

"Please Flamepaw, your already an amazing apprentice. I know your going to be an amazing warrior." Metalpaw said calmingly to me and sat by my side and licked my ear.

"I'm sorry Metalpaw, I just want to be the best." I said looking to him. I licked my head.

"Then let's start training. Don't worry, I'll make you the best warrior ever!" He chuckled and got up and pounced on me. I squirmed from under him and kicked him off.

"Like that's going to happen!" I said jokingly and swatted at his face with my claws sheathed so I didn't hurt him. We stopped training with a claws a while ago but sometimes he forgets and hurts me. I didn't really care that much anymore.

"It will!" He said and circled me. I watched him carefully until he made his move by jumping at me. I moved out of the way quickly and ran into Bloodtear. I stepped back scared.

"What are you two doing?" He growled. I stepped back behind Metalpaw knowing he would protect me.

"Like I've told you every time you ask, we are training!" Metalpaw hissed at the black Tom.

"It doesn't look like training. Let me train with Flamepaw tomorrow and see how much she has improved." Bloodtear growled at both of us. He looked at me in the eyes. "And good job on finally getting your apprentice name in the clan." He said and walked back out into the shadows. I looked at Metalpaw and we took training more serious from then on out since he didn't want to loose me as an apprentice if I didn't do well.