5

– confrontation .

Jake shot a glare at Jungwon. "Why did you bring me here?" He whispered-yelled at him. "You want me to get into another argument with that guy?"

Jungwon winced and looked over at Heeseung, who remained calm and unfazed, as if he was waiting for this moment to happen.

Jay stepped in to ease the tension. "Hey, Jake... we just wanted to speak to you."

Jake turned towards Jay, and then felt Heesung's gaze on him.

He rested against the desk, arms crossed, keeping his eyes on Jake while occasionally glancing at his friend.

He tried to act like he didn't notice Heeseung's gaze, looking away and clearing his throat as if he wasn't affected. "About what?" Jake asked Jay with a slightly nervous tone.

Heeseung just smiled at Jake and raised an eyebrow, as if challenging him, "You know exactly what he meant." Jake just avoided his gaze, feeling a bit intimidated.

"Just about yesterday." Jay said and Heeseung was nudged into the conversation by him, who expected a more engaged response from him.

"Yeah?" He replied casually as he stood up straight, still sounding relaxed despite the tension in the room.

"He wants you to apologize," he said to Jake in a nonchalant tone.

Jake looked taken aback, his face quickly contorting with surprise and annoyance. "No!-" Jay shot back at Heeseung, "You were supposed to apologize to him! We spoke about this already!"

He grew increasingly frustrated as he tried to scold Heeseung, but Heeseung refused to engage and just ignored him. He just seemed totally disinterested in the situation.

"I'm already over that matter," Jake spoke up in a calm tone, sounding a bit annoyed. "And he doesn't even look like the one who's willing to apologize." Jake pointed towards Heeseung with a subtle gesture, as if to tell him that they both knew who was really at fault in this situation.

"Yeah, you're expecting too much from me," Heeseung said nonchalantly, staring directly at Jake and giving him a cold look.

He sighed, obviously disappointed by Heeseung's attitude and reply, but still wanting an apology. "I'm only expecting two words from you," Jake said as if to remind Heeseung of their earlier deal.

Heeseung just hummed and nodded, but instead of complying with his request, he replied with a terse, "Fuck off."

Jay and Jungwon collectively sighed as Jake tried to speak up, only for Heeseung to ignore him and give him a cold glare. But Jake just narrowed his eyes out of frustration and annoyance, as he was starting to lose his patience, he couldn't understand why Heeseung refused to apologize properly.

"Heeseung." Jay called out to him in a serious tone, to which Heeseung reluctantly responded with a long and annoyed sigh. "Geez...sorry."

He mumbled with an air of reluctance and disinterest, while avoiding eye contact with Jake.

And Jake rolled his eyes in response and just gave up on the argument, knowing that it was useless trying to get anything out of Heeseung.

Jay decided to speak up again, maybe to try to smooth out things between the two sides, but Heeseung stopped him.

"Alright, then leave us alone."

now that was unexpected.

"What?" Jay asked in response. "I told you to leave us alone."