21

Jake was alone in the library, immersed in scrolling through his socials on his phone and watching some random stuff. Suddenly, he heard Heeseung's voice, pulling his attention away from the screen.

He lift his head up to see the male, standing beside him. For a moment, he forgot that they're enemies and somehow their conversation went smooth and nice.

surprisingly there was no mocking or insulting.

The conversation continued between them as they sat side by side, and suddenly Jake felt a sensation– something he struggled to pinpoint or understand.

He felt their hands brushing with eachother's slightly. The subtle touch didn't go unnoticed by Jake and it did make him smile.

"you're..smiling."

Heeseung's soft voice resonated through the air, capturing Jake's attention, redirecting his gaze towards him. Jake didn't respond, but he just looked at him, his eyes fixated on the other boy.

The taller didn't seem bothered by the  stare. Instead, he returned the gaze with a smile, chuckling quietly as he held Jake's hand. He said something which he couldn't  gasp, and the grip he had on Jake's hand felt delicate, barely holding onto him.

Within an instant, another sound echoed in his ears, and everything went blank. When Jake opened his eyes, he found himself in his room, surrounded by familiar surroundings. His gaze darted around and landed on his dog, Layla, sleeping peacefully beside him.

A weary sigh escaped from his lips as he observed the sky from the doors of his balcony, his surroundings illuminated by the soft moonlight. He moved his arm lazily and leaned towards the nightstand, reaching for his phone to check the time.

4 in the morning and he was dreaming about heeseung.

how did he even start getting these?

Jake cursed silently to himself and placed the phone back on the nightstand. He remained on the bed, gently stroking Layla's fur.

Despite the current circumstances, he maintained the same foolish positivity, hoping that things would somehow improve over time.

It was just another ordinary day of Jake being annoyed by Heeseung and his bothersome behavior.

The previous week, Jake had hoped that the two days would bring some peace to him since Heeseung had been expelled.

And so it did. He finally felt a sense of peace, free from the worries caused by Heeseung's presence. To him everything seemed to be going well. Like sunshine and rainbows.

Jake and Sunghoon were rarely seen together. They pretended to be strangers, ignoring each other's presence, which puzzled the rest of the group.

He even began to distance himself from the group, keeping to himself more than usual.

Sunghoon didn't make a fuss about it. He seemed unbothered by the situation and carried on with his life, concentrating on his studies and focusing on himself.

And Jake couldn't help but think about their previous conversation with him, even now.

Why did he even even ask if he liked Heeseung? Just because he used to have a boyfriend in the past did he assume he might be interested in Heeseung maybe? He didn't knew how Sunghoon even connected the dots.

Things took a turn for the worse for Jake after Heeseung returned. Despite his efforts to ignore him, Heeseung persisted in irritating him. Jake did expect him to do something like this because of that incident.