14

Heeseung was standing at a distance, walking Jake speak to the girls. He began to wonder why he was there with them in the first place. So he decided to slide into the scene.

He grinned and said, "Sup." as he joined the conversation. As soon as Jake saw his face, his expression became disinterested. Ari, one of the girls, tilted her head and stared at Heeseung. She asked, "got sick of your girl huh?"

Heeseung gave a small smirk. "got sick of your face."

"Ari.." The other girl gave her friend a sidelong glance and shook her head, telling her not to speak in such a manner. Upon seeing that, the girl rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, appearing slightly frustrated. 

Heeseung grew smug as he watched it. "Anyway, Heeseung." Hae tipped her head, gazing at the purple-haired woman. She said, "Why are you here?" in a kind manner.

Heeseung blinked in response to the query. "Huh? What? Am I not allowed here or something? Is it just the three of you guys and..your sidekicks, sharing all the secrets?" He asked, glancing at the boys standing behind the both.

Putting his hand over Jake's shoulder, he replied, "Well, I'm just here for him." "thought he lost his way."

"Not at all like that. We just..showed up on his way." Hae shrugged lightly in response. "lets just say, I'm calling him as my date for the party." She added, making Heeseung furrow his brows in surprise at her addition.

very straightforward

But Heeseung just felt off after he heard that, he wasn't sure why.

He glanced at Jake and then at the girl who had just moved closer before saying, "I think he said no." "bro's a church boy." Heeseung gave a smile.

Jake let out a sigh, removed his hand, and turned his head away. "aw, I don't think he's one." She stood close to Jake and smiled back.

Jake looked around at Hae and the others. It just started to feel odd all of a sudden.

"you agreed?" He turned to Jake. He just seemed like he wanted to get away from Heeseung, but in these kinds of circumstances, he was constantly stuck with him.

Jake didn't give a reply but all he did was give a reluctant nod. Hae brightened her smile and wrapped an arm around his neck which caught him off guard

Heeseung's expression became somewhat serious and continued to watch the both, quietly.

She continued to hold him and said, "He even helped me to study a few days ago!" Jake wasn't sure what to do, he just lowered himself to her level and stood there, smiling awkwardly.

"oh.. he's been doing side quests as well?" Heeseung asked in a plain tone. Jake became uneasy as the girl hugged him more tightly and let out a light giggle.

"Alright," he muttered, attempting to carefully remove her hands, but she refused to move. Heeseung and other people were oblivious to Jake's suffering. But Heeseung didn't like the way she was clinging onto the other.

Not like he felt protective or possessive over him but it just didn't please him when he saw Jake with girls. 

When he observed her pushing her limitations, Heeseung knew he should be involved by now. He grabbed Jake by the shoulder and pushed the girl away.

"Hey, you know what? I decided to change my mind. Tell your brother that I won't be there. He spoke to Hae to in a straightforward tone. "and he's not going to be there too." Heeseung said as he walked off, taking Jake with him.

Jake was taken aback by this as did the rest of the gang. But Hae had a dejected and pissed-off face, looking at their direction. "There goes your chance," her friend said, shaking her head.

the latter didn't say anything back but she just glared at her.

Heeseung led Jake to his car, still with his arm around his shoulder. "You okay?" he asked him.

Jake took a bit to respond. He was staring at Heeseung with amazed eyes, then he turned his sight to the front, shaking out of his trance. "u-uh.. yeah.."

He answered with a slight nod. His posture was stiff, and he acted awkwardly and quietly. But Heeseung didn't mind and held him close to himself.

As they approached the car, he pulled out his phone slowly removed his arm, causing Jake to exhale quietly as if a weight had been taken off his shoulders. Then he glanced at Heeseung and looked around again.