17

Heeseung came across his figure walking in his direction. His eyes observed him from top to bottom, surprise on his face.

He changed his clothes, making him wonder why he did so. Then he remembered their earlier conversation, during which he threw a comment at him.

Perhaps that made him reconsider.

Heeseung was often joking around, but he didn't expect someone like Jake to take his comment seriously, despite the fact that he had looked amazing earlier.

However, he still looked good.

"took you long enough." Heeseung flashed his signature grin, which made Jake look at him seriously.

"oh? I am sorry, but there were no sports cars available on the fucking uber." his tone clearly indicated that he was annoyed.

"maybe you shouldn't hide the fact that you were busy dolling up."

Jake gazed at Heeseung, biting his inner cheek; he looked like he was ready to leave. "No, I didn't." he disagreed.

"do you always take that kind of comment to your heart?" Heeseung raised his brow in curiosity.

"I was hoping I wouldn't get to meet your stupid ass today but unfortunately I did."

Hearing Jake's response made him realize immediately that he was upset and angry. His facial expressions reflected his mood as well.

"hey.. I was just joking."

"Do you do this with your girlfriend too?" he inquired abruptly, seeming serious.

The latter stared at him, surprised. "I don't have one?" he murmured after pausing for a moment. Jake continued to stare at him with a serious expression.

Heeseung shifted his gaze around and then back to him. He sighed to himself, almost regretting it, but he gently shook his head.

He only smiled slightly, attempting to lighten the mood. "Hey, don't be upset. I'm sorry about that, okay? He spoke before grabbing his hand and pulling him inside.

He then used his usual tactic. tried to sweet talk him into forgetting about the incident. Heeseung's sole focus was on bringing him inside.

But he couldn't explain why he was feeling so sorry for him. Did he regret saying that to him, or was there something else?

He just brushed off the thoughts that were making him feel guilty.

Jake, on the other hand, was used to receiving this treatment from him. He becomes increasingly irritated each time they meet or talk.

He simply ignored Heeseung and attempted to move on, as he was still feeling bitter over the situation.

Upon entering the club, they were welcomed by the strong smell of alcohol and loud music that was booming throughout the place, making it much louder than it had been outside.

The atmosphere was charged with energy and life, as people danced and got drunk, being in their own world.

The room resonated with the sound of laughter, cheers and the clinking of glasses, as everyone seemed to be lost in the joy of the moment, intoxicated by both the music and the alcohol.

Heeseung let out a relieved sigh when he took Jake in. He didn't have to deal with him or with Jay who would constantly nag at him.

He led him towards the group and patted him on the back.  "and remember, our little bet is still on." He said in his ear.