{We can... relate?}

I feel like Shizuku and Emu relate to eachother bc they're usually stereotyped to be happy or airheaded 24/7, so imma just make them sad and then glad they found someone to confide in :)

Tw: feelings being hurt, some people (Airi, Haruka, Nene and Tsukasa) being mean
_______________________________________
Emu's POV

We had finished another long show, and I was backstage, taking off the large, fake dragon head I had on. I inhaled deeply, as I had been stuck in that thing for about 30 minutes, and it was really warm.

All the guests had gone away, and I heard my fellow members talking, so I decided to go and see what they were talking about! I peeked from behind the curtains at the side of the stage, to see them talking freely, not caring about how loud they were.

"Did you guys get the feeling that Emu was acting a little too much?" Tsukasa asked Nene and Rui. I got slightly confused, as I had just tried to act the role I was given.

"Yeah, it made her seem tacky." Nene said without hesitance. I felt hurt hearing that, but tried to shrug it off, as I was sure Nene didn't mean it to be rude!

"Maybe next show, we should give her less time on stage so she doesn't end up annoying the guests." Tsukasa suggested. Nene nodded, meanwhile Rui didn't respond, he just went to clean up the stage.

I felt like my happiness from the show had crumbled out from under me, and before I knew it, I was crying. I gasped softly as I felt the tears stream down my face.

Nene turned to look at me, surprised. "Oh, Emu!-" she started to say, but I just jumped off of the stage and ran out of the theme park, not wanting to hear any petty excuse she had up her sleeve.
_______________________________________
Shizuku's POV

Being an idol, I always had to act kind and caring, no matter what. I always had to support others, and be modest about my achievements. I always had to be cautious about what I ate, as any body changes could have a serious impact on me. My own members never seemed to notice my extra effort to keep myself alive in the industry.

That's why I started panicking when I was slowly being left out by them, whether it was for performance preparations or just to chat, I never got the invite to the group call. It hurt, but I kept it inside, because they surely didn't mean any harm, right?

One day, we were getting ready to do a performance, and I overheard Airi talking to Haruka. I decided to listen in, as I had nothing better to do at that moment.

"Have you been feeling like Shizuku hasn't been putting in much effort for this performance?" Haruka asked Airi, and the other nodded.

"Yeah, it's like she's been lagging behind. Maybe she's too busy in her own little world to notice that we're working hard to make this a good performance." Airi said in a sort of mean tone.

I felt hurt to hear this come from two of my best friends, and just decided to grab my bag and leave, if they thought I wasn't putting in effort, then I might as well have not even came.

"Hey, Shizuku, where are you going? The performance is in, like, 3 hours, we need to prepare!" Haruka yelled out. I didn't answer her and just walked out of the building to god knows where.

As I was walking, I noticed a girl with pink hair sitting on a bench, looking sad. I quickly realised that it was Emu, and sat beside her. She looked at me, confused and teary-eyed. "Shizuku? What are you doing here?" she asked, wiping her eyes.

"Trying to get away from Haruka and Airi, they're making me feel horrible." I said, and I swear I could see a spark of surprise light up in Emu's eyes.

"Really? Me too! Nene and Tsukasa have been so mean! They said I was over-acting and that they would give me less stage time next show!" Emu said, less sad, but more happy. I felt the exact same. I felt like I finally found someone I could relate to.

"Haruka and Airi were saying I was putting in no effort for our performance, even though I've been trying my best." I said in response, as relating to somebody made me feel that I could open up to the other.

Emu patted me on the head, and I giggled softly. "I'm sorry, Shizuku! Hey, wanna get taiyaki to cheer us both up?" she asked, smiling brightly at me.

"That would be nice.."
_______________________________________
I'm not completely hurting them, they're sweethearts

ALSO WHY DID IFUUDOUDOU COME ON ON MY PLAYLIST- ESPECIALLY THE AN SHIRAISHI COVER I MANAGED TO FIND?-