Ricky

I rummaged around my room looking for my music notebook. Its normally under my bed. its not in my drawers, its nowhere. I was hoping to bring it to California. Get ninis reaction. She was the first person i used to tell my songs too when we got back together. I know why arent you telling your current girlfriend. I love Gina. Its just nini will understand it more. She knows me better than anyone.  I wont share all of the songs just the really good songs. but i need to find it first. "DAM IT." I yell in frustration. Were supposed to be leaving in an hour. Ej Carlos jet and Red are in my group but were using ejs car and I'm driving..bc I'm the only one in our group that has the address...because i visited her last summer...after camp...because we write to each other...and we talk a lot. we were friends before we were lovers. We missed our friendship. We missed each other. we used to climb into each other's windows, we hid in treehouses, slept in each others beds since we were kids. Her moms where like second momes to me, and my dad and mom were second parents. I think they expected us to end up together. get married. when we were younger my mom let her try on her wedding dress. that's how close we are. We know each other better than anyone in the world. I still love her. i honestly don't know if it's platonic or if I'm still in love with her. I let her go. i let her go so i could move on and be happy. happy with gina. I know i am in love with her. I know i am, but i feel like everything we do is deja vu. Kissing in the rain, check with nini. Dancing with her, i remember the movements because Nini used to convince me to dance with her, and i loved to do it. Writing music with her, even though with the musical it was hard, we wrote music together too. When Gina suggests something, my first thought is fun, my second thought is ive done that before, with nini. I honestly cant find something that i haven't done with nini. Weve dont everything, i mean everything.. 

I must of been zoning out because i heard my name, i turned quickly to see Ej, "RICHARD" he says again, "Been calling you for like 2 min, you good?" he askes, "Im good Elton," i say sarcastically, and smile "ready?"I ask, He nods, "Are you, got all your stuff?" he says walking into my rascact room, " Dude who broke in?" he says bewildered. " no one, i couldn't find something." I reply, "its not important, lets go." I say, as i grab my duffle, he nods, and starts walking out, I look around my, room, i grab my keys, Franklin (for nini), and my guitar. I set my bag down on my bed and put franklin in. 

Flashback:

10th grade. 

Its my birthday, I'm sitting on the couch at home, my parents are being civil, thank god. Nini is sitting next to me, i smile at her, she is excited for me. I swear on each other's birthdays were more excited for each other.  All I'm thinking while i look at her, is "man do i love her, her face, her smile." shes pushing a gift into my grasp, "open mine." she is smiling bashfully. I open it and find a build-a-bear, its a little worn. I smile, it looks exactly like the one that i had as a kid. I lost it. "Happy birthday baby," she says. "It looks like franklin" I say, she nods. I look at him i smile, it really looks like franklin. "Is this.." i trail off, shes nodding. "Remember when you microved my FAVORITE, barbie." she says putting emphasis on favorite, i nod, " Well to get back at you i stole franklin..." I look at her, "what?" i say confused, "I stole franklin," she says again, "I stole him, and hid him so when you were over, you wouldn't find him." she smiles, "Well i found him. In my closet, in a hat box with some other stuff.." she smiles and touches Franklin on the head, "I actually almost broke and gave it back to you back then, i stayed strong though," She smiles and lifts his paw, "I cleaned him, got him new glasses, and," she turns his paw over, " press it." She smiles. I do, her voice comes out of a voice box somewhere saying," I love you baby, happy birthday, ps i hope you like this gift, sorry for taking him the first time, I love you, darling, always" i smile, "I love it. thank you for giving it back." i say with fake anger in my voice, "Just never ever do that again... Please" She nods solomly, " I promise," She says reaching over and kissing me, she hugs me and whispers, "I have a better surprise, treehouse, tonight." She pulls away, I smile at her blushing, I reach up and kiss her again. i nudge my nose against hers. 

End of flash back