Lunch

Ricky pov

Im sitting at lunch with my girlfriend, my ex, my exs boyfriend, and my kid that i didn't know existed until a few hours ago. Alex is in jamies arms, like its normal. Im the father, I'm his dad. i look over at nini whos watching jamie, she reaches over and caresses the little tuff of brown hair on alex head, jamie looks at her. They look like a couple, alex could pass for their kid. But he's mine. Gina rests her hand on mine, i look at her and smile. I love her, i also love nini. I look down at our hands interlocked and then look at nini, she watching us smiling. Its not forced it natural. shes really moved on. I wrote a song and thought i let her go. But here i am longing to hold Alex and her. "so tell me the ENTIRE story," I say emphasizing entire. Nini looks down and begins, "After you visited me june, on your way to camp." gina looks at me, i didn't tell her me and nini had slept together before i went to camp. "We didn't use a condom, u forgot this time." she laughs, "it was about a month, the day of opening night at camp was supposed to be the start of my period. I thought nothing of it at first,  then two weeks turned into three, and i took a test." jamie reaches out his hand, he's holding alex with one arm, is that even safe,  "it came back positive, i went to the doctor to be sure. It was really positive. I made an appointment to get the pregnancy terminated, it would've been two weeks. I told jamie, i needed a person to be there. I almost made it the same day that i called. But I had two weeks to sit with the fact that I'm having a baby, i started talking to him... I couldn't do it... I got to sentimental.." she laughs, and shakes her head. "that's how we got here." she ends, "its a short story. we had sex, i got pregnant, i didn't get the abortion, i got to connect, i didn't tell, didn't want to uproot your life, i went through three months of throwing up every morning, to hating most foods, loving foods i used to hate, and then i labored for 12 hours while squeezing the life out of jamies hand." he laughs, "howd the mamas take it." i ask. "they were mad at us for not using protection, they wanted me to tell you." she looks down. "how was school?" she shrugs and grabs her glass and drinks it, "i was able to hide the pregnancy pretty well. only my close friends knew. I went into labor at home. Was out, there was no visible difference before and after i gave birth." she says nonchalantly. "anything else." i nod between them, "how long have you been a thing." jamie speaks this time, "officially, not until 12 am tonight." she smiles up at him, " been waiting , what two months." she looks at me, "he never came onto me, i came onto him." they laugh, Alex starts crying, "he's hungry, let me take him." jamie reaches into the bag and grabs a blanket. she wraps herself in it and Alex goes under it. She rocks. They look like theve done this before. 

Ginas looking down, i dont know whats going thru her head. i squeeze her hand. she looks up, i give her an are you ok look, she nods and smiles. "i remember when i was jealous of the chocolates." nini comments, "seems so stupid now." gina laughs, " i remember when i was jealous of you too. seems to of worked out." they both laugh and smile at each other. the table goes silent though. Alex discides he's done feeding. Nini hands him to jamie and he burps him while nini covers up again. "G do you have questions. I was hoping you'd be the cool aunt, after kourtney of course." Gina smiles, "Umm...your dating my brother?" "not until 12 am. and your dating my ex." her tone wasn't mean or passive-aggressive it was playful. Gina smiled and nodded. we sit like that until nini says,"Alex needs to go down for his nap." we get up and go to Ninis house.