my heart

nini pov

i see ricky and gina walk into together. i smile they are cute together. currently some of my kuyas have put together a small band and are playing some one direction. everyone's clapping along to what makes you beautiful. after the last song, they announce that its time to eat. people gather at the bufffett getting food. i am served with all my favorite food. lumpia, grilled cheese, soup, pancit, carrot sticks, and coke. i sit there for like 20 minutes. . people come up to me and talk. some of the girls come over and eat with me on my small little table. after i finish my food i go and change into my can i have this dance ensemble. i am zipped in and ricky comes in. "hey hey bday girl" he says. he's in his costume. "ahh looking stanzy." "why thank you" he says bowing. "look at you vanessa hudgens." "i actually met her once," i say, "she was very sweet." "meet zach yet," "nope, sometimes it feels like he's fallen off the face of the earth, and then i find out he has a star on the walk of fame." i say laughing, "really, tomorrow i have to see that. take a picture saying i have a star on the walk of fame." "ahh yes freaky call back boy," i then remember something, i go over to my bag, "i have something for you," "what its your birthday, not mine," "actually I'm giving something back to you," i hand him the dog tag. "nini" "hey, when i was going to give this too you, it was because i wanted us to be friends again, like when we were younger, not just because i was still in love with you. I am giving this necklace to you because you changed my life ricky, you pushed me in the right ways, you supported me and you smiled. you joining the cast, was the best thing that has ever happened. even though i wasn't very pleased with you then." we laugh, "thank you ricky, I'm giving this back too you because were friends, it is a consultation prize of sorts." i put it around his neck. "thank you. wheres the pic i gave you," he asks, i show him, its apart of my corsage. "smart" he says, i pull him into a hug. "your still my very best friend Richard bowen," "your still my very best friend Nina salazar roberts." he says into my neck. "ready guys," Kourtney says, "yes," "mic packs working" we nod and he takes my hand and we walk out to the top of the stair case. 

We stand at the top of the stair case. The music starts and break away from ricky for a second, stepping down a step, then i start to sing. "take my hand," he takes my hand, "take a breath," he does the exaggerated breath, "Pull me close and take one step"  he follows me then pulls me in, "Keep your eyes locked on mine" he looks away for a moment, and i take his face in my hands forcing him to look into my eyes. " And let the music be your guide" we quickly make our way down the stair case. "Won't you promise me" "Now won't you promise me""That you'll never forget""We'll keep dancing""To keep dancing" "Wherever we go next" we sing in unison. 

He lifts my easily, "It's like catching lightning The chances of finding someone like you It's one in a million The chances of feeling the way we do And with every step together We just keep on getting better So can I have this dance, Can I have this dance?" We go through the movements, like we practiced them in my living room back at salt lake. our bodies move and come together in lifts in spins. "Take my hand, I'll take the lead And every turn will be safe with me Don't be afraid, afraid to fall You know I'll catch you through it all" he says placeing my on a chair i spin and do a trust fall into a bridle lift. he spins me. we sing through the chorus, we start to sing the bridge. "Oh, no mountain's too high and no Ocean's too wide'Cause together or not Our dance won't stop Let it rain, let it pour What we have is worth fighting forYou know I believe That we were meant to be, yeah" we go through the waltz steps like there ingranded in us. as we sing, "It's like catching lightning" feathers and rose pettles begin to fall from the sky like a February rain. we poth look up and and run toward the escorts table turn and i jump he catches me. as he slowly puts me down. he spins me, and waltzes me backward. then spins me out and lifting me again as we sing "can i have this dance, can i have this dance," we gaze into each others eyes. my brain cannot function. all I'm thinking his, his brown eyes, brown eyes. but my brain, doesn't let me stay their. i hear clapping, and i break my eye contact with ricky, to look around. i am still hazy. i turn my gaze back on ricky. he's looking between me and something behind me. i turn and smile at gina, "you made a good dancer out of him" i shout to her. she gives me a thumbs up. i laugh and turn back to him, his eyes are on me now, shining. i touch the dog tag. around his neck, and place it back under his shirt. i make eye contact with him again, "thank you" he mouths. "of course." i say back. we turn and bow. 

my brain still cant comprehend what happened. it felt like when we were kids dancing in our living rooms. it felt like..home.. the girls flock around me and we walk toward the dress ing room to get me into my dress.