knowing me and knowing you

Jamie pov. 

I am carrying alex as nini opens the door to her house. My sister and her boyfriend who also happens to be my hopefully new girlfriends, ex. How fun. Alex is fussy, we kept him awake so that he could sleep at home. When the door opens i walk in, the Mamas are their, i smile at them and walk into Ninis bedroom. I hear footsteps behind me, i think its ricky. i don't turn around as i say, "are you ok with this, me." i ask, i hear a breath, "I don't know..." ricky said. i am changing alex, i motion for ricky to come closer. "You need to learn this. Your his father." he slowly walks toward me. "ok so.." i start changing him, " you lift his legs to slide the old diaper off." as i talk i do the motions, "you clean him with a baby wipe, lift his legs again put a new diaper underneath, then you lift the wing and fasten diaper,  then voila," i say finishing, "next time you change him." i say smiling and lifting alex into my arms, i move to the crib humming low. i set him down slowly, he's almost asleep. I stroke his nose down to his stomach and up, he falls asleep within a minute. 

I turn away from alex fist bumping the sky. i do a little dance. I look at ricky he's looking at me weird. I laugh softly. "Alex sometimes wakes up after we put him down. He didn't wake up." i say. he nods and looks around ninis room. Her room is simple. A few fairy lights, musical instruments, baby toys and such, frames of her friends, some of those frames have me in them. he walks toward a picture and picks it up, its me and nini, she had just giving birth, I'm sitting on the bed with her, shes holding alex crying and my arms around her, were looking down at alex. Im crying in the picture too, but were both smiling. I look like a proud dad. I feel bad. I took rickys place in Alexs life. I became a father figure, i am basically his father. "I'm sorry. I kinda took your place." i say. He nods, "you did." i shake my head, "i didn't mean to. I was there though, i held her as she cried and pulled back her hair when she threw up. I held her hand through labor, but that was supposed to be you." i say looking down, "I'm sorry." He nods, "thanks. thank you for being there for them," He looks over at Alex. he shakes his head and moves toward the door. I set up the baby cam, and follow him. 

Nini looks at me, "he went down easy. Didn't wake up again." i say as i sit down next to her on the coach. her and gina were talking, i put my arm around nini. when i look over at ricky and gina they are mirroring us, but ricky is giving me a death glare. it hits me, he still loves her. he's still in love with her. I look at nini, shes looking at me. i smile at her. she boops her nose with mine and turns back to ricky and gina. "So what did i hear about a debut." i smile at her. Her biggest dream. ricky smiles, " well, how can we plan it if your birthdays in," he looks at his phone, "in nine hours. we need a venue, your dress. And all the other things on your interest board." she laughs, "true true." i take out my phone, and start texting, i smile big. "i have a venue.." i say looking at nini then to ricky. he nods, "its the Wrensmoor Castle. I help one of the managers with something, they owe me a favor." nini turns to me bouncing, "REALLY." I nod, she throws her arms around me. I laugh. "i can get you the dress you wanted." i pause, "or something close." i type something on my phone, then smile, and show her a picture. "this one?" she nods excitedly and then turned to gina, "will you be apart of my cotillion?" Gina smiles big, and nods, launching herself at nini. "YES OF COURSE." I watch them smiling. gina pulls away, "whats a cotillion." nini laughs, i love her laugh, your smile goes wide and she chin tips up a little, "a cotillion is... you basically one of my ladys, where you dance a little, OH YOU AND CARLOS SHOULD DO THE COREO FOR THE DEB DANCE.."she says excitedly, "sorry, uhh, you basically do a dance, its basically your greatest friends." she turns to ricky, "you and the guys could be my 18 roses, wait what about marvin," then she turned to me, "will you be my last rose." she asks shyly. I frown, "let me think...Yes." i smile and she throws her arms around my neck and kisses me. She turns to gina, "you will be one of my candles right, all you have to say is memories and things you love about me," she says giggling. Gina nods again smiling big. Rickys smiling, but there's something in his eye... I don't know what it is. Ninis bouncing on the coach. I smile at her.