10. Face Your Past 🫣

"Mum is that really you?" I asked
Suddenly, the person ran away from my front door, I quickly grabbed my keys.
I ran after the person by plodding down the steps, as soon as I got outside, the figure was gone.
I turned around, there standing before me was Derek, my ex from my past.

I stood frozen at the spot, keeping a 6 meters apart distance from one another, who told him my address? I bet it was fucking Miah!
Wait till I see her, I will be having a word, what does he want? It's been 8 years, why is he here?
Even the sight of him, sickened me, it made me gag.

"What do you want Derek?" I asked
"I just want to talk" Derek cried
"Well, that's tough. I don't want to talk to you, I've got a boyfriend now" I replied
"That's great, I'm happy for you. Look, I just want to tell you how sorry I am" Derek answered
"Thank you for the apology, bye" I replied
"Wait, please let me talk" Derek cried
"You have 1 minute" I replied
"I'm sorry for what I did to you, can we get back together? I really do miss you" Derek begged
"No, goodbye Derek" I cried

I plodded up the stairs, put my key in the door, twisted it, then opened the door. I locked it behind me, what the hell is Derek thinking? Showing up after 8 years, what a sad man.
Unexpectedly, I heard a knock on my door, I looked through the peephole, it was Derek.
What is his problem?
"I'm calling the police, if you don't go away" I threatened
Derek kicked the door in, he walked into my house, grabbed me by the throat whilst trying to strangle me. With every force I had, I tried to poke his eyes out, but nothing seemed to be working.
It felt like all the fight I had in me was gone, even the sight of him it made me feel weak, I felt so useless.

Abruptly, Robert came rushing into my house, Robert tapped Derek on the shoulder, Derek turned around. Robert grabbed hold of him, whilst punching him repeatedly. I was trying to catch every breath, I had in me, I was shaking like mad.
"Robert stop!" I yelled
I tried grabbing Robert off of him, but Robert was so consumed with anger, he pushed me into the cabinet where I hit my head.
I was knocked unconscious, the next morning, I woke up in a hospital bed.

The last time I was here, our baby died, this is the last place I want to be.
Robert walked into the room, he gave me a coffee, I was angry at him.
Did he save my life? Yes. But he also, pushed me as well as, knocking me unconscious.
"I'm sorry, it was an accident. Derek has been arrested now, I've got somebody round, to repair your door" Robert cried

"You knocked me unconscious Robert, how do I know you're not going to do it again?" Robert asked
"Are you being serious right now? I saved your life, I'm sorry. It was an accident" Robert replied
"I don't want you in here, get out" I answered
"You don't mean that" Robert responded
"Yes I do" I cried

Robert left the room, I know it was an accident, but he's got to take some responsibility. I could've got seriously hurt, at least, Derek is arrested now. How on earth, did he get my address?
Was it Miah?
I reckon it was, it wouldn't surprise me either, because she's slept with him.
The nurse walked into the room, she checked my head, as well as, my pulse.
"You're free to go now honey, take care of yourself" the nurse replied

I got up, got dressed, quickly brushed my teeth in the toilet, put my hair up in a messy bun.
I grabbed my bag, key, phone, as well as, my purse.
I walked outside the hospital, I realised I didn't have no way of getting home, ffs! Robert walked towards me from his car.

"Come on Kat, get in the car. I'm sorry, it was an accident" Robert cried
"Yes, but you hurt me" I replied
"I'm sorry. The minute I saw him on you strangling you, I just couldn't contain my anger. I just burst, I don't want you getting hurt" Robert answered
"I know" I sighed

I got into Robert's car, put my seat belt on, whilst getting comfy.
I know it was an accident, but he hurt me in the process, I could've died because of it.
Next time, it might be serious, I could die because of his actions.
I need to go meet Cassidy at 10, fuck! I checked the time on my phone.
Panic over! It's only 8, I want my own business. I'm very excited, I cannot wait!

-20 minutes later-

8:20am

I arrived home, I took my seat belt off, grabbed my belongings, whilst hugging Robert goodbye, then hopped out of the car.
I plodded upstairs, a builder had fixed my door, then gave me a set of new keys.
I thanked him, then closed my door, I put my phone on charge.
I hopped into the shower, I had a quick body wash, I got out of the shower.

I put on a navy blue skirt, black tank top, black cardigan, black tights, as well as, loafers.
I straightened my hair, applied make up to my face, whilst putting setting spray on to my face.
I walked into the kitchen, I put my coffee machine on, I was desperate for caffeine.

9:00am

I placed all my paperwork into my handbag, as well as, my phone, keys, & my purse.
I took my cup out of the machine, I started to take sip after sip, oh my, this was fucking heaven.
I placed my cup into the sink, I'll wash it later, I think I'll take a walk to the shop. It's a beautiful day.

I opened the front door, whilst closing it behind me, I plodded down the steps. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the smell of bread filled my nostrils. It smelled lush, the town wasn't far from my house, besides, petrol is going up in price. So I decided to save my petrol.
I arrived at the shop, I sat down on a bench, I started reading my book.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around, it was Cassidy.
I stood up as well as, shaking Cassidy's hand, we walked over to the shop.
Cassidy opened the door, I had a look around, it was very modern looking. I could tell by the color of the wallpaper, the lighting, as well as, the left over furniture from the last owner.

"So Katie, what do you think?" Cassidy asked
"Where do I sign?" I begged