25. Surrender My Heart

Monday Morning
7:30am

I woke up, rubbed my eyes, stretched. I got up, whilst heading towards the kitchen, I fill up the kettle.
I grab my green tea out of the cupboard, put the tea bag into the cup, then put the boiling water into the cup.
While I waited for that to cool down down, I start to get dressed, today I'm going to wear: black skinny's, black leather jacket, maroon colored turtle neck, my black loafers.
I curled my hair, then placed it into a curly ponytail, I began to put make up on.
I start to put things in my bag, after, I head back towards the kitchen.
I drank the last remaining sips of my green tea, I place it into soak, I head towards the bathroom to brush my teeth.
It's 9:00, I'm ready to go, I grabbed a pink monster out of the fridge.

I placed it into my bag, keys ✔️phone ✔️ charger ✔️pens ✔️ note book ✔️ have I got everything?
I open the front door, whilst shutting it behind me, I look at my 2 cars just sitting there, untouched.
What car do I take today?
Let's take my Range Rover, I open it, hop in.
I place my bag into the passenger seat, I close the car door, as well as, placing my seat belt on.
Off I drive to work, is New York usually this busy on a Monday? I've got cars right up my arse.
-30 minutes later-
I park up, unbuckle my seat belt, I grab my belongings.
I stepped out of the car, locking it behind me, I walk towards the building.
Suddenly, security stops me, what the fuck is going on?
"Excuse me miss, do you have any I.D?"
"Yes I do, my dad owned this building. But he's gone now, so I do" I cried flashing my I.D in their faces
"Sorry Miss.Roland, I didn't recognize you. It's been a while"
"Don't stop me again, and it's boss to you" I said
I walked towards the lift, I pressed floor 3, I walked into my office.

Where's Teddy? He is usually here by now, there is a shipment at 2. That's okay, Zeek and Lorenzo can do it.
-Dialing Tia-
Tia: Hi boss, you okay?
Me: Yes I'm okay, how is Psycho doing?
Tia: There's still no change, they've put him in a coma.
Me: Okay Tia, thank you for letting me know. How are you holding up?
Tia: I'm good thank you boss
Me: Is Fred there with you?
Tia: Yes boss, do you want me to pass on a message?
Me: Can you tell Fred to swap over with Fabian please?
Tia: Yes boss, how about Larissa?
Me: Can you get Poppy to swap over with Larissa please?
Tia: Of course boss, is it okay if I go home and rest?
Me: Of course, wait for Poppy and Fabian to swap over ok?
Tia: Of course boss, thank you for everything. I'm sorry I was a bitch at first.
Me: It's fine Tia, we all make mistakes. I'll see you in a couple days, be safe.
Tia: You too boss!
-Call Ended-
Well, that was the longest conversation of my life, Unexpectedly I heard loud banging noises.
I grab my gun out of the drawer, whilst reloading it, I quietly walk out of the office door.
I checked the room where all the noise was coming from, I slowly opened the door, oh my fucking god!
I completely froze to the spot, Teddy was checking somebody over, he was medically trained.

What the fuck was all the noise? I slowly open the door, I check the hallway. I saw a door at the end of the hall, I open it, there standing before me was Samuel and Jaxon doing the deed.
OH MY FUCKING GOD!
"REALLY YOU TWO! I THOUGHT SOMEBODY HAD BROKEN INTO THE FUCKING BUILDING" I shouted
Samuel and Jaxon got dressed quickly, falling over one another, Teddy came running to my rescue.
"Ted you don't wanna see this" I said
"Go through the exit down there, there is a storage room" I winked
They both looked at each other, giggled, then headed towards the storage room.
"What we're they doing?" Teddy asked
"Doing the deed" I giggled
I walked back towards the office, I headed into my office room, I began to start on the paperwork.
Teddy knocked on the door, I nodded at him, to come in.
I closed the blinds, so nobody could look in, confidentially is key here.
Teddy walked in to the office, sat in front of me, then looked at me for a minute.
Was this another staring contest? I snapped back to reality, placing the gun back into my drawer.

"What did you think was going on, when you barged into the room?" Teddy asked
I looked down at the floor, I generally thought I was going to find them two having it, I thought I was going to get my heart broken.
Once your trust shatters, there is no getting it back, or if there is trust, it takes time to build.
"I thought you two were having sex" I reply
Teddy walked towards the door, looked at me, then shook his head.
He closed the door behind him, I've fucked it up, why do I always fuck everything up? Why?
I like the fucking man, I feel tears building up, but I let it go.
I'm going to fix this, I have too right? I walk towards his office, I walk in.
I close his blinds, I turn towards him, locking eyes with him.
"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to accuse you of anything, I don't want to mess this up I-"
Before, I could finish my sentence, Teddy walked towards me.
I was looking into his sandy, brown eyes, they set my heart on fire.
My heart began to beat, I gulp a thousand times, I want to just grab him and kiss him.
But I wait, because this is the kind of moment I want to be in right now, with tensions running high between us, risking to sacrifice it all...