28. My Heart Filled With Sorrow

The Next Morning

I'd been in New York for 2 months now, all I could say was it's been a wild ride, my life has gotten so much better since I've been here.
I roll over on my side, Teddy was laying there fast asleep, he looked so peaceful.
He was very handsome, his brown messy hair, his torturous brown eyes, his muscular toned abs.
Teddy rolled over, he opened his eyes slowly, he pulled me closer towards him.
He kissed me so passionately, my stomach filled with butterflies, as well as, so much warmth.
"We need to get up, we're going to be late for work" I cried
I got out of bed, I started getting dressed, I wore; a black top, blue blazer, black skinny's, my black air maxes.
I began to apply make up, I put my earrings in, whilst brushing my teeth.
I grabbed my gun for protection, I go to my fridge, I open it, as well as, grasping for a monster.
Teddy was all ready to go, I seized my bag, we exited the house.

Teddy was giving me a ride to work today, I decided to be the passenger princess for the day, it was quite nice having a shofar.
-30 minutes later-
I arrived at the building, Denise was stood there, alongside; Lorenzo, Larissa and Fred.
"Morning people, you lot can go home, get some rest. Could you call the back up crew, so they can swap over with you please?" I asked
"Of course boss" Denise cried
"You lot don't move, until the crew gets here, got it?" I asked
"Got it boss" they all chanted
I entered the building, I headed towards the elevator, I pressed floor 3.
DING! I walked up to the office floor, I entered my office. I sat down.
-Dialling Fabian-
Fabian: Hello boss, you ok?
Me: I'm good thank you Fabian, how's Psycho?
Fabian: He's still in a coma, hopefully he makes it.
Me: I hope so too, could you give Zeek a call please tell him to swap over? Get Tia to stand guard with him. Did anybody try getting into the room?
Fabian: There was one guy, he sounded Russian.
Me: Do you have him?
Fabian: Yes, I locked him in the storage cupboard
Me: Wait for Zeek and Tia to arrive, then bring him to me
Fabian: Yes boss, see ya
Me: See ya
-Call Ended-

Where's Teddy when you need him?
-Dialing Teddy-
Voicemail: Hi this is Ted, please leave a message, I will get back to you.
He always answers his phone, what is his problem?
I grasp my gun, as well as, my bag containing my knife.
I head towards the elevator, I press floor 3, DING! I strode outside.
Teddy was laying lifeless on the floor, Denise was on the phone ringing an ambulance, the back up crew was unharmed.
I walked towards Fred, "what the fuck is going on?!" I screamed, rage consumed me, I was fucking livid.
"Teddy got caught in the cross fire" Fred cried
"Who shot him?" I ask
"Russians" Fred cried
I'm going to fucking kill them, no Katie think! That's what they'll want you to do, think of a plan.
"Fred? Go upstairs, see where they're located. Find out where they're, what they're doing right now please" I ask
Fred nodded, he headed into the building, "Larisa
& Lorenzo, hack all their computer systems", they both nodded whilst heading upstairs.
-Dialling Fabian-
Me: Hi Fabian
Fabian: Hey boss, what's up?
Me: You and Poppy, make your way to the building immediately
Fabian: No problem, on our way
-Call Ended-

The ambulance pulled up, thank god, in this moment I wanted to cry. But I simply couldn't, they wouldn't come out.
Fabian and Poppy arrived, thank god!
"Hi boss, what is urgent?" Poppy asked
"Poppy? Make a meeting with the Spanish mafia please, afterwards, you and Fabian will go and do the shipment. It'll be in at 6pm" I cried
"No problem" they both chanted
Denise was still shocked, it all happened all at once, bless her.
I know she is scared deep down, we all are, we all fear something, fear makes us who we are as a person.
"Denise you ok?" I ask
"Yes, I'm okay now. It was just a shock" Denise said
"I need you to bring in more soldiers in please, get them trained ASAP! Can you do that for me?" I ask
"Yes boss" Denise said
"Tell the back up crew, to stay put" I said
Denise nodded, I headed into the ambulance with Teddy, we was making our way to the hospital.
-30 minutes later-
We arrived at the hospital, Teddy went into surgery straight away, I was devastated.
I had never felt this empty in all my life, my heart was broken, I hope he makes it.
PLEASE LET HIM LIVE!

-Beep Beep-
Me: Fred what you got for me?
Fred: The Russians are currently in Italy, there is no sign of movement. The bloke who shot Ted, his name was Viktor Smirnov, he is in charge of the drug cartel, he is the Russians right hand man. Larissa has hacked into their computer system, wiped all their data base.
Me: Good Work! Keep 24 CCTV on the Russian mafia, get the new recruits trained up with Denise.
Tell Larissa to keep wiping every single data base that she can find, tell Lorenzo to keep an eye to find out every piece of information on the Italians.
Fred: Will do boss, see ya
-Call Ended-
I sat in the waiting room, for what felt like hours, watching nurses walk by to and from reception.
They was like yo yo's, I really do hope Teddy is okay, please god let him be okay.
I need him, I'm starting to fall for him hard, he makes me feel alive.
The nurse walked up to me, she looked disappointed, please don't say he's gone.
My breathing started to become rapid, I started to panic, what if he's gone?
"Hi there, Miss. Roland"
"Hi there, how is he?" I ask
"He's doing just fine, he's stable for now, we've managed to remove the bullet"
"How is Chris doing?" I ask
"He's still in a coma, we cannot keep him on life support forever"
"He's fucking stay on it, do you hear me?" I ask
"Yes, I do"
"Good"...