7. Friendly Old Face

The Next Day
7:00am

I couldn't sleep a wink, I was not only thinking about Robert, but also about my dead dad turning up out of the blue. Can life get so much more difficult?
I walk out of the bedroom, to make myself a green tea, the sound of the kettle boiling woke dad up.
Dad rubbed his eyes, stretched, then got up.

"Morning honey, do you mind if I take a shower as well as, have a coffee?" Dad asked
"Of course, help yourself dad. You can make yourself some toast, if you're hungry" I cried
"Thanks sweetie, I'll grab a shower first" dad said
I smiled whilst nodding, while resuming back to my tea making.
-Ping-
Who's that texting me? Probably of my tinder app, I'm not in the mood to talk to men at the moment.
-Ping-
I pick up my phone, enter my pin, besides, tapping on my messages.
It's from Robert, ughhh, what the hell does he want?

"I'm sorry about yesterday, can we meet for a coffee?"
I'm not doing this, keep going round and round in circles, fuck that!
I deserve so much better, not to mention, I done 4 years without him. I can do it again. I texted Robert back.
"Nope sorry, busy today" .
Dad walked back into the front room, he put the kettle on, whilst making some toast.

"Was the shower okay dad?" I asked
"Oooh yes, it was lovely. Thank you darling" dad beamed, while kissing me on the cheek.
I sat down to eat my toast, I'm glad he's happy, I'm happy to see him eating.
Dad sat down beside me, he took sips of his coffee, whilst biting into his toast.
"Did you want to visit Millie today?" I asked
"Do you think that's a good idea?" Dad begged
"Well, why not? She's your daughter too" I asked
"It wouldn't hurt, would it?" Dad begged
"Let me get dressed" I chanted

I entered the bedroom, I picked out a comfy tracksuit, as well as, some trainers.
I propped my hair into a bun, I also applied make up, then put my earrings in.
I walked towards the bathroom, I brushed my teeth, guzzled mouth wash, then spat it out.
I walked out of the bathroom, grabbed my bag, car keys, etc.
"You ready dad?" I asked
"Ready as I'll ever be" dad beamed
I strode towards my fridge, grabbed a monster, opened my front door, whilst closing it behind dad.

I walked down the steps, opened my car door, sat in the drivers seat, besides placing my monster into the cup holder. Dad sat in the passenger seat, put his seat belt on, then I closed the door. Off we go.

-1 hour & 11 minutes-
10:00am

We arrived outside Millie's house, unbuckled my seatbelt, I grabbed my monster, I hopped out of the car, as well as, locking it up.
Dad took a deep breath, as we strode towards Millie's front door, I could hear the sound of the children playing in the garden.
I knocked on the door, dad looked nervous, but he held it together good.
Millie answered the door, it looked liked we interrupted her phone call, as she looked at dad, she dropped her phone in the state of shock.

"D-d-dad?" Millie asked
"I was in shock yesterday too, but he's alive, the people at his work force got it wrong. He was missing in action, not killed" I replied
"I can't believe you're alive, I thought you were dead" Millie answered
Millie walked towards dad, whilst hugging him tightly, it was a nice family reunion.
"Don't just stand there, come in" Millie beamed
We entered Millie's house, Harry was in the garden watching the boys play (as per usual).
"Would you like a drink dad?" Millie asked
"A tea please, milk, two sugars please honey" dad cried
Harry walked into the room, he looked at dad, then looked at Millie.

"You must be Millie's dad?" Harry asked, putting his arm out to shake dads hand.
"Yes, I am. Nice to meet you Harry" dad smiled
"You too sir" Harry replied
Harry walked out of the kitchen, then back into the garden, to watch the children.
"Why don't you stay for a couple nights here dad?" Millie asked

I love Millie more than anything, but this is a bit of a cheek, he only visited me last night. Now, she wants him all to herself.
"Are you sure? I don't want to interrupt your plans" dad cried
"You aren't interrupting anything, we have no plans" Millie asked
"How will I get back to Kat's house then?" Dad asked
"Harry can drop you off, or we can try and find you a hotel" Millie cried
"Is that okay Kat?" Millie asked

I wanted to say no, but I'm not stopping dad from spending time with his daughter, I didn't want to cause a scene because there was children in the house. If I started an argument with Millie, Harry would get involved, he always does.
"Yes that's fine, I best be going anyway. Have fun dad" I cried
Dad knew I was upset, he always could tell I was upset, dad got up whilst hugging me tightly.
"I'll be with you in a few days, ok? Don't get upset" dad whispered

Dad was always supportive towards me, he knew how to make me feel better, we was like best friends. We always got along, I had his back all the time, dad had mine.
"I won't dad, I love ya" I cried
"Love ya too" dad replied
I waved goodbye to everybody, I walked out of the door, strode towards my car. I opened it, sat in the drivers seat, put my monster into the cup holder. I closed my car door, whilst putting my seat belt on.
Off I drove back home, when I started to pull away, dad was looking out of the window.

He looked upset, I don't think he wanted to leave, he's never been close to Millie as he was with me.
Millie didn't get along with him, but now that he's back, I guess she wants to build bridges.
-1 hour & 11 minutes later-
I arrived home at last, I opened my car door, grabbed my monster, whilst taking my seat belt off.
I closed the car door, locked it, then walk up the steps.
Suddenly, I saw a figure approaching me, it was Robert.

"Who was that man in your car?" Robert asked
"It was my dad, he turned up out of the blue" I cried
"So you telling me that he was dead, was just a lie?" Robert asked
"No, I thought he was dead. They sent out a telegram, to say he was dead. They got it wrong, he was missing in action, not killed" I explained
"I don't believe you" Robert cried
"Don't then, bye Robert" I replied
"Can we talk?" Robert asked
"Nope. I'm moving on now, you should too"...