03

◇─◇──◇─◇

I woke up with the sun shining straight into my eyes.

"Ugh." I groaned when I saw that it was 6 am.

No reason to stay in bed, tho.

I got up, took a shower, brushed my teeth and threw on some sportswear.

The house was quiet as I walked down the stairs to get to the kitchen.

Everybody was still sleeping.

I poured some water into my water bottle, took some cash, my phone and, of course, headphones.

I left the house after getting everything that I need.

I started lightly jogging.

●~●~●~●~●

After an hour or so I stopped at the Mystic Grill to eat some breakfast.

As I was looking for something to eat a person sat at the opposite end of the table.

Elena.

"Hi, what are you doing up so early?" I questioned her while still continuing to search for something to eat.

"You're seriously gonna eat some shitty human food? Didn't think of you so low, Al." Elena responded.

Al? That was the nickname that Katherine used to call me by.

I quickly looked at her once again, but this time I realised that this wasn't Elena, it was Katherine.

The leather jacket, curled hair, dark makeup and that stupid smirk on her face.

I froze.

"Oh, don't be so surprised, Al." She told me while smirking.

"You have a lot of guts to come up to me, and especially talk to me." I spat.

"Aw, what are you gonna do, huh? You and I both know that I would easily overpower you if a push comes to shove. You're nothing against me, Alice." She said looking to get a reaction out of me.

"Times have changed, Katherine. I'm stronger now." The word came out full of venom.

I knew that no matter what Katherine still had the upper arm when it came to combat.
She was an older vampire, which meant that she is way stronger than me.

"Oh, please. Even you sound unsure of yourself." Katherine said almost giggling.

"What do you even want? Came over to taunt me?" I said now annoyed.

This bitch was the master of getting on everybody's nerves. She should really get a reward for that.

"Well, it's been some time since we last talked, wanted to see how my old friend was doing. Plus I also wanted to taunt you." She added the last part smirking.

"Don't call me your friend, Katherine, I'm far from that. If I ever have the chance of actually killing you off for good, I won't hesitate."

"And how would your brothers react? Especially Damon, last I knew he was obsessed with me." Katherine said smiling innocently.

"Like you said, time has passed. You're not as important to them as you think you are, that's going to be the downfall of you." I responded mimicking her tone.

"Ah, you seem so certain, but at the end of the day both of your silly brothers have a crush on a girl that looks just like me. It's like an opera, they didn't get me, so now they're trying to win the heart of my doppelgänger." She said smirking.