21

◇─◇──◇─◇

"Mikeal is dead." Stefan said to the man on the other side of the phone. Everyone in the sat quietly, trying to not miss a word. I looked at Rebekah, reassuringly nodding at her when I noticed that she was looking at me. She responded with a small smile and a nod.

"Yes, she's here." Stefan sighed. "Put her on the phone." Klaus' voice full of uncertainty called out. As Stefan moved towards Rebekah, unsure if he can trust her, she nodded, slightly calming his nerves. "Yes, Nik, he's dead." She glanced around the room, fear visibly evident on her face.

As the phone beeped, signalling that Klaus hung up, I looked at Elena, knowing that she's terrified, seeing how she's holding up. She was putting on a brave face but her heartbeat betrayed her. She noticed that I was keeping my eye on her, she slightly smiling at me, reassuring me. I nodded and turned my head when Rebekah spoke up.

"He's coming." She heavily breathed as if she wasn't breathing while Klaus was on the phone. I swiftly stood up, sighing. "Elena?" I questioned, signalling to Mikael's body. She stood up, dropping to her knees and wrapping her hands around the dagger that was imbedded in Mikael's heart.

●~●~●~●~

"You'll just make sure that everything is going smoothly inside." Mikael spoke up, "Then I will finally see his demise, something that should've happened a thousand years ago." He spoke with such animosity towards his son, it made me feel somewhat bad for Klaus. A hating father that was hunting him down for a thousand years? Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Pun intended.

"When he's distracted by your presence, I'll come in and dagger him." Damon said, looking at me, "You'll come up behind him and hold him down, long enough for me to make sure I hit his heart." I nodded. "Don't fail." Mikael strictly said, looking at the three of us. "Don't worry, we'll make sure the job is done." Damon smirked, placing a hand on my shoulder as he walked out.

Mikael stared down at me, his eyes untrusting. I quirked an eyebrow, silently questioning him. "Don't fail." He repeated once again. My hands slithered on my waist, my hip popping. "Don't worry about me, I always finish what I started." My bottom jaw flexed, my teeth beginning to grind against one another.

I walked out of the room with Stefan by my side, leaving Mikael standing in the library. " 'Don't fail.' " I quietly mocked Mikael, Stefan chuckling beside me, softly shoving me.

●~●~●~●~

Elena, Rebekah and I were getting ready for the Homecoming Party, seeking help with the makeup, hair and outfit. "Which one should I pick? Slim-fitting, thigh length black dress or.. a slim-fitting, red dress that is floor-length?" I asked the both girls that were standing in front of me, inspecting the dresses. "The red one." Elena and Rebekah said. "I thought so too." I said, smiling at the girls.

I tossed the home-clothes off of my body, carefully picking up the beautiful dress. I looked at it, smiling. I carefully put it on, the dress perfectly sitting on my curves. "Holy." Rebekah said as soon as I was finished with putting on the dress. Elena turned to look at me, her jaw slightly open, "You look beautiful." She said. "That's an understatement." Rebekah quickly said, smiling widely at me.

"Haven't worn this in a while." I shyly said. The girls gulped, nodding their heads. "Well, don't let this beauty collect dust in the closet." Rebekah giggled. I nodded my head, smiling at her. I glided towards the makeup bag, getting ready to start doing my makeup.

I zoned out while doing my makeup, not listening to anything apart from the birds that chirped outside.

Suddenly I heard a strangled breath and groans. I quickly turned around, noticing Rebekah desiccating while Elena stood beside her, apologising. I slightly gasped, surprised by the sight. Rebekah then suddenly fell flat on the floor, face first. "What was that for?" I questioned the brunette, confused. "No loose ends. We couldn't risk Rebekah backstabbing us." She shrugged, slightly out of breath. "Well, what other way to prevent backstabbing than to backstab first." I scoffed, moving towards Rebekah's desiccated body.

Suddenly Elena came in between Rebekah and I, shaking her head. "We did what we needed to do. Don't ruin it." She sternly said, eyeing me. "Who the hell are you talking to, El?" Becoming angry, I could feel the veins popping up from underneath my skin.

"Look we needed to make sure that there wasn't a chance that somebody will ruin the plan, Rebekah was the obvious one." She muttered, her heart beating rapidly. I shoved the girl to the side, scoffing at her pathetic attempt of intimidating me. "I just wanted to move her onto the bed, genius." I said, grabbing Rebekah and carefully putting her on the bed, putting a blanket on top of her.

I slowly moved towards Elena, stopping when our faces were barely touching. "Do that again and my actions will be way different." As I said that I heard Damon scoffing behind me. "And I thought I was the dramatic one. But you sister, you're the real deal." He chuckled, moving towards Elena. "She just did what she was asked to do. Don't take it to heart." He said, his arm slithered around Elena's waist.

"Maybe next time tell me the plan?" I fumed, "I'm apart of the plan- remember?" My eyebrow quirked up, eyeing the two people before me. "Yeah yeah." Damon laughed, tugging Elena out the room.

——

A filler episode before the action. Sorry for such a short chapter without any action<3 I'm not really in the mood to write, but I wanted to update the story. A reminder to not be a silent reader!