07

◇─◇──◇─◇

I knocked on the wooden door.

"Coming!" I heard Bonnie yell from the other side of the door.

"What's the mat-" She stopped herself from continuing the sentence when she saw me smiling at her.

"Oh, hey, Alice.. Didn't expect to see you here." Bonnie said.

"Uh, well, you told me that you could help me with understanding my witchy powers or whatever. Did you change your mind?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm so sorry- I completely forgot.. life's been hectic you know?" She replied sheepishly.

"Who's at the door, Bonnie?" An older woman spoke up from being Bonnie.

As she saw me standing on her porch her demeanour completely changed.

"A vampire?" She asked, though it felt like she already knew the answer.

She looked at Bonnie almost seeming like she was sending some witchy morse code message to her.

"Uh, yeah.. Excuse my manners, I'm Alice Salvatore, pleasure to finally meet you." I smiled at her even though I felt scrutinised under her hateful stare.

As I thought of bringing out my hand for a handshake I quickly thought otherwise and kept my hand at my side.

"Bonnie could I take to you? Privately." The older woman added the last part somewhat quietly even though she knew I could hear her words perfectly.

"Yeah, of course, Gram. Give us a second Alice." Bonnie looked at me with an apologetic smile on her face. I knew that her grandmother didn't like vampires so I wasn't really shocked.

"I told you to not bring any vampires near my house, Bonnie, I thought you understood that, yet a vampire is standing right outside my door." Her grandmother voiced to Bonnie, her voice filled with venom.

"Grams, she's my friend, she wouldn't hurt anybody." Bonnie said though her voice betrayed her statement.

"Oh, Bonnie, even you don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth, she's a vampire." Her grandmother said, anger seeping out.

Maybe I should just go? I thought.

But I can't, I need to figure out what the hell is wrong with me.

"Look, she's not just a regular vampire! She was somewhat of a witch before she got turned and even after her transition her powers remained. I know that you don't want any vampire in your house, but she's not just a vampire, she's something more." Bonnie told her grandmother, her voiced pleading for the woman in front of her to understand where she's coming from.

"But that's not possible, after a witch gets turned they lose their power." The woman said, confused.

"I know, that's what I'm trying to figure out, plus I want to know how truly powerful she is, since if she was already a power witch and just didn't know, image what kind of power she could have now being a half vampire and half witch!" Bonnie said quickly.

I knew that listening on a private conversation wasn't proper, but since they were talking about me I felt like I had the green light to listen in.

Before I could even realise that the conversation was over the wooden door opened in front of me. Bonnie's grandmother stood there in front of me, looking at me, examining me. I looked at her with a semi smile on my face. Her face portrayed morbid curiosity while looking at me, and quite quickly a somewhat of a smile appeared on her face.