04

◇─◇──◇─◇

"Good morning, Elena." I smiled sweetly at her.

"Oh, hey, Alice." She said somewhat caught of guard.

"It's pretty early still, why are you here?" I questioned.

"Oh, Stefan and I are going out today. We wanted to leave pretty early so we could have the whole day to ourselves." She said, smiling.

"Aw, you're going on a date? Best of luck." I said.

I was happy that Stefan was with Elena, but yesterday's argument with him was still fresh in my mind. It also didn't help that Katherine's words were still ringing in my ears.

"Alright, I'm off!" I told her after putting on my shoes and grabbing my purse.

"Bye!" Elena said while I was already walking out of the door.

She's sweet. She doesn't deserve to be in danger because of my brothers.

                    ●~●~●~●~●

I decided to spend my time reading at the Mystic Grill.

As soon as I entered the place a guy who was seated next to the bar caught my eye. I could only see his side profile from where I was standing, but I could already see that he was handsome.

I decided to seat myself near a huge window, the scenery was absolutely beautiful out of the window. I'm pretty happy that I decided to return. At the end of the day this place is still my home.

As I was getting comfortable on the somewhat of a sofa the same guy caught my eye, he was looking straight at me, somewhat smiling.

Weird.

But I couldn't deny that he was even more handsome than I initially thought he would be.

I just half smiled at him when we made eye contact and he returned the gesture. At least he was somewhat nice?

I grabbed the book out my purse, "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Brontë, one of my most loved books.

After an about two minutes a waiter came to me asking if I wanted to order something. I order earl grey tea and a croissant.
Just a few minutes the same waiter returned with my order, I smiled and thanked him finally opening up my book.

                    ●~●~●~●~●

Around an hour or so has passed when someone decided to sit right across from me.

Do these people just not have manners?

I looked up, annoyed.

The person that sat across from me was the same guy that caught my eye when I first came in. He was even more handsome up close.

"Uh, can I help you?" I asked, confused.

"Maybe.. What's your name, luv?" He asked, smiling.

"Sorry, but I'm not here to chitchat with someone." I apologised.

"Oh, just give me a few minutes. I have read the same book that you're holding, it's pretty interesting but I never understood the end." He replied.

Alright, I guess this guy won't leave me alone.

"Haha, yeah, I've read this book quite a few times and I just keep coming back to it because of the end." I said, sweetly.

"I guess we're pretty similar, huh?" He said with a smirk plastered on his face.