17

◇─◇──◇─◇

"Hey." A similar voice called out. I turned around and saw Stefan standing next to the front door with the biggest smile ever.

I jumped up from the couch and squealed out of pure happiness. "Omg! You're here!" I screamed. I ran into my brother's embrace, holding him as close as possible. "How are you here?" I asked him when we finally let go of one another.

"Let's go sit down, I will explain everything." Stefan looked at me happily, yet something else painted his eyes. I quickly nodded my head and walked briskly to the couch, waiting for Stefan to catch up.

"Does Elena even know you're here?" I questioned my brother, not being able to contain my curiosity. "No, only you." He answered. "I'm flattered." I joked while shuffling to sit closer to him.

"I think you should also know that Klaus came back as well." He said as he looked away from my gaze and focused on the vase full of white roses which sat on the coffee table in front of us. "What do you mean? I thought he was done with Mystic Falls?" I interrogated him.

I knew that if Klaus is back it means that it's only a matter of time until he realises that Elena is safe and sound. At this moment the only thing I could think about is the fact that Elena is in grave danger. "Why is he back?" I once again asked when I didn't get an answer to my previous one.

Stefan tapped his rings on his knee, nervously glancing at me. "When he tried to turn a pack of wolves into hybrids, all of them died. After witnessing this, Klaus visited a witch that told him that he probably did something wrong, or missed something. He was enraged and decided that the best call is to come back to Mystic Falls since this is the place where the ritual took place." He breathed in. "I don't know for how long we can hide the fact that Elena is alive from him. He's enraged and he will do anything to fix this." As soon as he was finished talking he focused on my face, trying to understand what is going on inside. I was terrified of the possibility that Klaus could find out that Elena is alive, and in the end, kill all of us.

"We will fix this. We need to find the others and tell them, we can't have them be taken by surprise when seeing that Klaus is back." I stammered, trying to think of a plan that will somehow fix this situation. Stefan only nodded in response, quickly standing up and taking my hand, leading me outside to his 1950's car.

                       ●~●~●~●~

"Wait, so Klaus is back?" Damon asked still in shock at everything that Stefan has said.
"Well that's what Stefan has been saying for like an hour." I sarcastically retort, rolling my eyes. Everyone was here: Damon, Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Matt, Jeremy and Alaric. All of them reacted the same way that I did. Shocked.

"What will we do?" Elena gasped. She has been listening intently the whole time that Stefan has been explaining the situation. "My idea is: keep Elena inside and don't let her go outside. Klaus hasn't been invited in her house, she's safe there." I explained. I didn't know what else we could do in this situation- an immortal hybrid is scouring the reason why he can't make hybrids, and the reason is a human girl that we all love and adore. We couldn't even protect her when a push comes to a shove, so this was the best idea.

"No! That's crap." Caroline now spoke up. The vampire was terrified, yet acted strong in front of her friends. "What else can we do, Caroline? The guy is an immortal prick that could crush us with his fingers." I asked, hoping that maybe Caroline has a plan. But the hope dimmed down when she quieted down again, looking at Elena with sympathy. "This is the best plan we have, people." I said. Everyone nodded, agreeing with me. Elena was baffled that the only thing we could do to protect her is keeping her locked up.