08

◇─◇──◇─◇

I woke up from the sun hitting my face gently.

"Ugh.." I murmured under my breath.

"Good morning, Alice." A female voice called. Elena.

As I opened my eyes I saw her standing next to my bed. She looked almost anxious, not knowing where to put her hands and where to look.

"What's up with you?" I groggily asked.

"So.. I need your help, Alice. Yesterday when you came home and saw Stefan and I arguing.. it was about the ritual." She said as she sat on my bed next to my feet.

"Figured.. so what can I help you with?" I said as I was now sitting up.

"I want to know more about Elijah." She voiced a bit quiet.

"And that's why you asked me for my help. My brothers wouldn't help you." I said smiling at her mischievously.

"Yeah.. plus, I figured that you would be the one that could actually help me with this. I've heard that you were the one with the most allies.. if I'm correct?" She asked.

"Correct. When my brothers and I cut contact I decided to travel the country and, of course, I wanted and needed new allies. Even when you're a vampire, without connections you're basically nothing." I explained to her while getting ready.

"'Basically nothing'? What does that supposed to mean?" Elena continued questioning me.

"Well, Damon has quite a lot of enemies and some of them thought that I was the easier target. Of course I wasn't, but having allies saved my ass several times. If a vampire comes in search of me they would hear about it and warn me. Giving me enough time to either prepare to fight or run." I smiled at her.

"You learned to adapt." Elena confirmed mostly to herself.

"If you don't, you will die. Many vampires think that since we are, well, vampires, we don't need any allies, but I think that's the stupidest thing I've heard. Having allies benefits in so many ways, like: getting warned, helping me get something that I need and etc. Catch my drift?" I smiled lopsidedly at her.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do. So.. I'm guessing you could help me?" Elena debated.

"You came to the right person." I summarised.
"Now go. I need to change."

"Oh. Oh, of course." Elena rushed out of my room with a smile on her face.

I pondered about why Elena wants to know more about Elijah while getting ready. At the end I just thought that it was morbid curiosity.

●~●~●~●~

"Where are we going?" Elena looked at me.

"To meet Slater. He knows everything about vampires, and I'm guessing that he could help us with knowing more about Elijah." I stated.

"Ah, okay. How long have you been friends with him?" Elena questioned, turning away from me to look out.

"Maybe two decades.. something like that anyway. So, I want to know why you wanted to know more about Elijah.. and I'm guessing- Klaus?" I interrogated her.

Elena turned to me, eyes more opened than natural.

"I'm not stupid, El. When you came to me asking help to figure out more about Elijah I figured that you were doing something that Stefan would be mad about." I looked at her, almost laughing.

"Stefan needs to chill out. He's not allowing me to make my own choices and it's honestly getting really annoying." Elena now looked annoyed, her hands crossed.