22

◇─◇──◇─◇

"The gym's flooded." Tyler spoke up from beside me, a slight smile, that could be easily missed, painted his face. I turned to look at him, scoffing, "Well, you don't seem displeased." Keeping my eyes on him, he turned to look at me, scanning my expression. "It would've been lame anyway." He muttered, "The party has been moved to my house!" He suddenly yelled out, announcing the sudden change to all the bummed out high-schoolers.

I heard how Caroline slithered beside me, her arms locking. "Party at yours? You don't have enough time to organise everything." She questioned her cocky boyfriend. Tyler turned to look at the beautiful blonde, "Do not worry." He said, a big grin on his face, moving towards Caroline, kissing her cheek. As Tyler walked away she turned to me, confusion evident on her face.

"Well, let's go then." I shrugged, offering my arm for Caroline to hold. The blonde smiled at me, grabbing my arm. I led her towards my car since her boyfriend was nowhere to be found, figuring that she didn't have another ride apart from his to get there.

                      ●~●~●~●~

"This was definitely planned." I accused, seeing the perfectly decorated mansion that the Lockwood's owned. "Yeah, or he's just a better party planner than me." Caroline scowled, her voice light yet annoyed. I turned to glance at her, a cheeky smile on my face. "Nobody could beat you in that, Care. Especially Tyler." Her laugh radiated through the cold night air, slightly pinching my skin as a silent 'thank you'.

As I was about to say something else to Caroline, Tyler suddenly appeared. He grabbed her palm, interlocking it with his, "Told you that I had it covered." He boasted, looking at both the blonde and me. "Yeah, it seems like you do.." I examined him, hoping to see something out of the ordinary. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, confused by my tone.

"Nothing.." I muttered, moving towards the front door, not being worried about the threshold since I've been invited in before. I examined the foyer, trying to find someone I knew. I scurried towards Damon as soon as I noticed his dark hair and icy-blue eyes. "I can't be the only one confused by how quickly Tyler organised this party." I nudged his arm, continuing to look around the room.

"You're not the only one." He muttered, noticing the young hybrid come towards us. "So, how are you liking this wake?" He grinned, proudly looking around the perfectly decorated room that I now realised held people that were definitely not high-schoolers. My eyebrows slammed together, "What wake? And these are definitely not high-schoolers." I gripped my older brother's arm, squeezing it.

Tyler smiled at me, "Oh, this is Klaus' wake. He's celebrating! And, do not worry about them, they're chill." He physically swatted my accusation away, his body completely relaxed, not having a worry in the world. Damon and I freezed, looking at one another, making sure that we heard the same thing. "Oh, uh okay. Thanks for the cool party, Tyler." I quickly muttered, hoping the hybrid would catch the hint and leave us alone.

Thankfully, he did. Nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders, moving towards the grand bar that was stationed in the living room. "What the fuck is going on." Damon blurted out, looking around, probably trying to spot Klaus. I kept glancing around, trying to figure out who these people were, they seemed human but at the same time there was something off about them.

A slight gasp left my lips, worry painting my features, "Damon," I whispered, "This house is full of hybrids." I made Damon face one of the hybrids, waiting for a confirmation. He shook his head, annoyed, "Well, damn. The plan is still on, I'll tell the others about this. Try to blend in." He quickly spoke, patting my hand, shrugging me off in a rush.