29

◇─◇──◇─◇

"Esther was the one in the locked coffin." Elena explained.

I looked around the three of them, confused, "Is she going to help us kill Klaus?" I asked the most important question.

Elena looked at me, shaking her head, "No, she doesn't want Klaus dead. But, Elijah promised me that his family will not hurt us." She continued.

I shook my head in shock, but before I could say anything, the doorbell rang.

The brunette looked around, confused as to who this could be. I turned towards the clock, the time well past midnight, "Who could that be?" I questioned, wondering if someone was supposed to join us.

My brothers and Elena shrugged, also confused, "I'll go check." Elena muttered, moving towards the front door. Stefan quickly stood up, following her.

The duo opened the door, looking down. I grew even more confused when I saw that nobody was there, "What the?" I stood up quickly.

Elena swiftly turned towards me, a box and a single envelope in hand. Looking up to Stefan, he was surveilling me, brows furrowed.

As Elena came closer she handed me the box, "This one's for you, Alice." She explained, now inspecting the small envelope.

We moved towards the kitchen counter. I quickly placed the box on the counter, turning my attention towards what Elena was holding.

The brunette tore the envelope open, 'Join the Mikaelson family for dancing, drinks and celebration.'

"Who are the Mikaelsons?" Damon chirped up. The three of us glanced up towards him, "The Originals" Elena spoke up.

As she turned the invitation around, there was a note, 'Elena, I think it's time that we finally meet, Esther.'

"There's more to this, than just a family reunion." Stefan spoke up, deep in thought.

"I need to go- I need to find out what she wants." Elena replied, still inspecting the note in hand.

I shook my head, completely forgetting the box that sat on the kitchen counter.

"If you're going- I'm going with you." My eldest brother stated, shaking his head at the thought of Elena going alone to this ball.

"Wait." Stefan rose his head up, looking at the box in front of him that was addressed to me. He turned to me, "Open it."

I just nodded my head, moving towards the box and carefully opening it. As soon as the box fell open, we saw a beautiful baby-blue dress with an invitation on top of it.

My mouth fell agape, not knowing what to even do. "What the hell." Damon quickly commented. We all stood there in shock and confusion.

Suddenly the trance was broken and I reached for the invitation. Unsurprisingly, the content of it were the same as Elena's.

I scoffed at myself, when I thought about the possibility that there was something written on the back of it. "I'll be damned." I whispered, when I noticed that there was actually a note on the back of the invitation, 'Save me a dance, Klaus.'

I heard a scoff from behind me, it was Damon, "Seriously?"