18

◇─◇──◇─◇

It's Senior prank night at the Mystic Falls Highschool. I've been asked by Elena if I wanted to accompany her and see 'behind the scenes'. I figured since I wouldn't really do nothing apart from binging movies, I decided to come.

"This is gonna be awesome!" Caroline squealed, whilst happily looking around the room full of her friends, including me. I turned to look at her, smiling. "I'm so glad you're here, Alice! Image sitting at home doing nothing whilst this is going on." She jumped up happily, continuing to look around the room.

"Yep, couldn't miss it." My smile formed into an awkward tight-lipped one. I've been doing nothing apart from sitting around and occasionally chatting with someone, but I knew that it would mean a lot for Elena if I tagged along, so I did.

Suddenly the door swung open and Matt was standing completely soaked, looking bewildered. "Omg.." He quietly muttered under his breath. I chuckled seeing the reacting on his face. "Forgot senior night?" I sarcastically asked the wet man in front of me.

He turned around to glance at me, nodding his head. "Yup. Y'all scared the shit out of me, I thought somebody broke in or something." Everybody started giggling.

I jumped off the table that I was seated on and started moving towards where Matt stood. "Hey, where are you going?" I heard Elena call out from behind me, curious. "I need to freshen up." I spoke up, swiftly going past Matt, leaving everybody behind me.

                       ●~●~●~●~

I looked at the mirror in front of me, a girl looked right back at me. I never could image when I was a human that I would be able to witness the 2000's, yet here I am, a vampire who stays young forever. I never truly came to terms with what I am now, that's what I sometimes have in common with Stefan, both of us fighting for our humanity, and sometimes choosing to ignoring the fact that we're vampires, who fiend for blood.

That's what Damon never understood. He took pride in what he is, embracing his love for blood and gore. I never went as far as Stefan, I never ate squirrels, though I did try. So, him and I somewhat differentiate in that part, but both of us sometimes hated what we became, trying to find a way how to change it. I've tried magic, I tried finding something that could reverse me being a vampire, but nothing can change what I am, and I live with that everyday.

I quickly got pulled back from my train of thoughts when I heard a blood curdling scream, it ripping through the still air like a machete. I quickly ran to where I heard the sound from, it coming from the gym.

I ran inside, looking around bewildered, trying to find who screamed. All I could see was Stefan, Bonnie, Matt, Elena, Tyler, two random Highschool kids and Klaus. All of them turned to look at me, all of them apart from Klaus looking terrified. I saw that Tyler was in a chokehold, Klaus holding him.

"Ah, just the woman I wanted!" Klaus's voice rung out, looking straight at me with a devious smile. I ran to Elena's side, trying to guard her from Klaus's visions as best as I could. I knew that Klaus had already seen her, I was just putting myself forth incase Klaus decided to harm her.

"What's happening?" I whispered to Elena, still standing in front of her. She just shook her head, tears running down her cheeks, staining them. "This is what's happening-" Klaus said swiftly feeding Tyler his blood and breaking his neck. "Find out why I'm unable to create hybrids or your friend dies." He said, a cold look on his white skin, looking at Bonnie.

She nodded her head and took Matt's hand, quickly rushing out of the gym, not paying anyone a second glance. I looked at Klaus, trying to ignore the screams of Tyler being in agony. He returned my stare, not breaking the eye-contact as he says: "Move out the way, Alice." I frowned my eyebrows, not understanding what he's talking about.