01

◇─◇──◇─◇

I stirred in my sleep when I heard my phone going off.

"Hello?" I groggily said.

"Hey, Alice, sorry if I disturbed you." Stefan replied.

"Oh, hey, what's up?" I sat up.

"You're probably not gonna be happy by what I'm about to say." He said.

"Shoot." I responded.

"Katherine is in Mystic Falls. We need your help." Stefan said cautiously.

"Huh? Katherine is back? Since when?" I replied confused.

"We found out not a while ago. We need you here, Alice."

"I'll be there." I said before hanging up.

Wonderful.

I quickly got up from my bed and started my morning routine.

I started packing all I could fit in my bags, since I figured that if Katherine is back I won't be coming home soon.

As soon as I was finished I set off.

After a few hours of driving I finally arrived to the Salvatore boarding house.

Nothing changed.

Before I could even get out of the vehicle I got greeted by Stefan, his face covered with a huge smile.

"It's wonderful to see you again, sister." He looked at me with admiration.

"I missed you, Stefan." I said smiling.

"And where's Damon? I figured he would be waiting for me to come to Mystic Falls with you." I questioned.

"Oh, Damon.. He doesn't know I called you and especially that you're back." He said sheepishly.

"And why's that? I thought that he would be happy to see me again, or is that not the case?" I asked.

"No no, don't get the wrong idea, Alice, he misses you like hell, but I'm just worried that he's gonna be angry with me." He looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"Because of Katherine?" I scoffed.

"We both know that Damon was in love with Katherine, and I'm thinking that maybe that love hasn't gone" Stefan said.

"I will knock some sense into him if that's the case, Stefan." I said while remembering how Katherine affected my brothers.

I will kill that bitch once and for all when I get the chance.

"Alright, enough of chitchat let's get your stuff inside." Stefan smiled at me.

"Alright, little brother." I smiled back at him.

Oh, how I have missed him.

                          ●~●~●~●~

Stefan has left me alone to put my stuff away.

I have been at it for a while, when I heard the front door shut.

"Oh, calm down, Damon." An unfamiliar voice called.

Who's that?

"Calm down? You're acting like a kid!" Damon shouted at the unfamiliar female.

He didn't change one bit.

I smiled to myself.

I quickly came down the stairs to greet my brother, when suddenly I stood in front of Katherine.

What the actual fuck is going on?

I snarled and almost lunged at her before I heard Stefan telling me to stop.

"Alice! Don't!" Stefan yelled.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" I almost yelled while continuing to look at Katherine.

But something was wrong.

I would think that as soon as Katherine saw me snarling at her she would respond with doing the same, yet, there she stood cowering away from me with tears brimming in her eyes.

"Alice." Damon said calmly.

"Damon." I responded.

"What are you doing in Mystic Falls? I remember vividly you saying that you would never step a foot in this town again." He said confused, yet happiness present in his voice.

Finally breaking eye contact with the girl in front of me, I looked at my brother that I hadn't seen in over a decade.

"Yes, you remember correctly. Stefan called me telling me that you guys need some help..." I said once again turning to Katherine.

"With her." I finished saying.

"Ah, Stefan, you told her that Katherine is back in town, yet, you forgot to mention that Elena exists?" Damon said scoffing at Stefan.

"Elena?" I looked questioningly at both of my brothers in front of me.

"It slipped my mind." Stefan said quietly.

"Hi.. I'm Elena." The girl before me finally spoke up.

I looked at her once again, and relaxed.

No wonder she didn't jump at the first opportunity of killing me.

I smiled at Elena.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else." I apologised to the girl.

"Don't worry, I understand. You're just protecting your family." She said softly smiling at me.

I just quickly nodded at her and smiled.

I just might like her.

"Come, Alice, we have a lot to talk about." Stefan said while walking to the living room.

                           ●~●~●~●~

After a while all three of them finished explaining the situation.

Katherine is back,

Elena is Katherine's doppelgänger.

Me and Katherine were close back then, but when I figured out that Katherine was using both of my brothers I couldn't stand her.

It hurt to lose such a close friend, but I would do anything for my family,

I told both of my brothers that they shouldn't be messing around with Katherine, since she's using both of them, but they didn't believe me.

They learned pretty quickly that I was right, since not a while later Katherine showed her true colours.

She was a vampire, but they knew it all along.

My brothers got shot up, but since Stefan had vampire blood in his system he just turned, and before Damon died he turned him as well.

I couldn't stand the thought of growing old and gray, while my brothers remained the same.

So I asked Stefan to change me,

And here we are after decades standing here, not having aged a day.