12

The next day, I have several sets to do on stage. But that'll wait for tonight, when my hands will shake and I'll face New Mother and Babe and Vanilla Dreem. When I'll know if I made a grave mistake in not doing my private rooms.

I sleep the day away until noon, then go and get my hair done. It's washed and straightened all over again, and I find a few new outfits at a nearby store in Oared before the night.

Later on in the day, I arrive on Club Chiara's premises, my half-mask on and my bag tightly in hand. The usual looks I receive are diminished, and I guess word of what I didn't do hasn't spread around yet.

A hand yanks my ponytail and I'm drug into a quiet side hall before I can reach the dressing room.

"What the-

"I covered for you girl. Where were you?"

New Mother eyes were lit up with a fire that I'd never expect from her quiet nature.

"I couldn't do it," I manage to choke out.

Something cold rests against my neck and I can't bring myself to look down and see what it is. If she meant me harm she would've done it by now.

"You're the best girl out of my gaggle of bitches, and you want to get lax now that the old woman is gone? No. You will perform and do your rooms as scheduled. I won't cover for you again and I can't stop what the Boss may do to you. Understand?"

Her hazel eyes bore into mine and I nod quickly.

The woman leaves and I clutch my bag to my chest, heart thumping.

That was a crystal clear warning.

I freshen up and dress myself. My hair styled and I go out with no makeup on. I perform through as many sets as New Mother throws at me, before I'm allowed around a thirty minute break. Vanilla Dreem is slowly climbing up the ranks around, her snide remarks replaced with random, sugar sweet compliments she clearly doesn't mean to the other dancers and some bottle girls.

One of her friends takes to doing her hair, fixing the crusted lace and replacing it with something just as cheap but kind of better. As Vanilla Dreem begins her ascent, it seems that I make my descent.

Babe doesn't talk to me anymore, and now I'm practically outcasted from the other girls. Small things of mine begin to go missing, remarks are thrown at me, and more than a few times I find my lock broken on my locker just for everything to be inside still.

At the end of the night, I'm tired both mentally and physically, but my day isn't over yet. The rooms.

New Mother hunts me down in the eating room as I pop a 'painkiller' into my mouth, and a hold a plate of grapes and crackers.

"These are your clients for the night," she tells me, showing me my schedule quickly before going off to the next girl.

I barely had time to see if any of the names were familiar, but I know that I have only five reservations for the night compared to the many I've had before.

I swallow down my nerves, dress in the club's signature robe, and find my way to the rooms. I go into an open room, passing by the security and collector I have for the night, skinny men with bad humor.

"Let us know when you're ready. You got five minutes for prep," the collector shouts into the room.

I sit on the cold couch, shrugging off my robe and exposing my bare tits to the air. My piercings look lovely against my hard nipples, and I rub them so that they may be warmed. I only wear a black thong, made of a soft, fluffy material on the outside. I find a nice position to lay into as the guard notifies me my first client is ready.