15

I was frozen in shock, but some part of me knew all this time there had to be something special about Ranger Guy, well...Dieson. He wasn't just some regular guy, he owned this club, this personal hell, and I had been enamored by him.

I felt disgusted by myself.

"Is that...a problem?" he tilted his head, studying me.

"You were...You weren't a client this whole time," I stand up, backing away from him, in some warped state of disbelief, "You used me. You're the boss around here. You didn't have to."

"Bunnie, that was not my intent," he insisted quickly, "You caught my eye when-

I slapped him, hand shaking as I started to sob.

"Let me leave," I say deeply, chest huffing.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. Everything that happened was real, Bunnie. If I just wanted some girl I could have that-

"And that's the thing," I point at him, "I've been warned. And I still continued to," I waved my hand around, not sure of how to explain what happened between us two. Did I fall for him? Was it love? Was it just good sex? "I still felt passionately about you, I still did all these things...seeing you as more than a client, and I was right about that fact because you are more than a client. At the end of the day, I'm just a slave to you, D-Dieson. How can you say things are genuine and I'm still stuck at this club? I'm not dumb. Might've made dumb decisions, but I'm not dumb, D-Dieson."

"I'm sorry," he repeats, a look of defeat across his face.

"You could've taken all my morals away, and gotten away with that. Because you own this place," I gesture around me, "But you decide to take the one thing I had left aside from this club away from me. My heart," I state firmly. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm sick for it, and I know it-

"You're a sick bastard," I cry out, swiping at my face with my arm, moving my tears away.

"But I felt some things too. Even if our encounters were only sexual-

"I gave you more than the sensual NPC shit I do for my clients. I gave you real passion," I cross my arms.

"And clearly it was enjoyed, I stood up almost the whole time-

"This can't work," I shake my head.

He slowly rises, ruffling at his hair with a frustrated sigh. "You were my outlet when everybody turned against me. This feels like a betrayal," I tell him.

"Okay," he sighs again.

"Just okay?" I shrug, "Just like that. Fuck outta my face, bro," I laugh, the sound taking on an almost desperate ring, "I'll pay off my debt and I'll be out of your hair."

"Okay," he steps towards me.

I stay still, my anger sobering off, numbness replacing it as I stare at him. This is my fault. It was only supposed to be work anyways.

"I hear you, Bunnie. But I wanna move past this. I wanna give you some time to think about things. 'Bout who I am, and where that leaves you," he says quietly, scratching his ear.

I shake my head, "If you not payin' off my debt, I don't want shit to do with you. At this point."

He sighed deeply, "Shit's complicated-

"It's really not. This business you're runnin' is taking people's lives. It's feeding into pleasure and materialism. And you feel good about yourself?"