❤️🕯️💚 Silent Night - G/N Reader x Belphie - Fluff/Angst

Enjoy this cute scenario with Belphie on Christmas Eve! Sorry this one is kind of short

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song to listen to while you read: O Holy Night by Always Christmas

(Y/N)'s POV, written in second person:

You sat on the window sill in the music room, watching the snow fall down softly to cover the trees and lawn. The glow of candles around you illuminated your reflection in the window, capturing your soft expression. Meanwhile, you had an un-cursed record playing soft piano music in the background. You had found it in your room with a box of your belongings and waited till everyone headed to bed for the evening to listen to it.

You missed home, your friends, your family, your pets - everything. You were thrilled to spend it with the brothers, the angels, Solomon, Diavolo and Barbatos, but a part of you was a little sad that you weren't headed home for the holidays. Now it was the night before Christmas...

You let out a sigh and leaned your head against the cold window frame. You wrapped your arms around your legs, thankful that you had changed into your long sleeve and pant winter pajamas before heading in here to listen to your record. Your fuzzy socks and comfy slippers helped you to fight off some of the cold that was seeping in through the window.

You yawned slightly, but made sure you stayed awake. You didn't want anyone to find you in here, feeling down and sorry for yourself. You didn't want them knowing how homesick you were feeling right now.

Creak. Your head swiveled toward the door and you saw a familiar sleepy-headed demon stumble into the room before closing the door behind him.

"Belphie? What are you doing up?" You softly asked him as he walked up to you. 

"I thought I heard music playing quietly. I figured I'd check it out and make sure Lucifer didn't leave a cursed record on or something. Not for him, of course, but I had to make sure you wouldn't stumble upon it by accident." He responded quietly, looking toward the record player.

"Oh. Sorry for waking you, Belphie. This is my personal record from home. I wanted to listen to it and thought now would be the best time since everyone is asleep." You whispered, looking back out the window at the accumulating snow.

"Well, I'm glad it's not a cursed record playing. Mind if I stay and listen to it with you?" Belphie asked softly.

"Go ahead. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am." You said with a small smile that didn't quite reach your eyes.

Belphie looked at you, concerned. "(Y/N), is something wrong?"

You looked down toward your feet. "No, not really."

You weren't sure if you could tell him how you were feeling, as you didn't want him to feel as if everyone had forced you to spend the holidays here instead of at home.

Belphie grasped your chin gently with his hand and guided you to look at him. "(Y/N), you know you can tell me." 

Belphie wiped away a few tears that had slipped down your cheeks. You hadn't even realized you were crying.

"It's stupid really. I was just a little homesick, that's all." You told him, trying to sound confident but your voice was a little wobbly.

Belphie pulled you into his arms for long hug and held you there for a while. You silently wept, thankful for his kindness and hugged him back. After what felt like an eternity, your tears vanished and Belphie pulled back a bit to help you down off the window ledge. He led you over to the couch and had you sit down.

"Stay there. I'll be right back." Belphie said as he slipped out the door, shutting it softly behind him. After a few minutes of listening to your record with your eyes closed, you heard the door creak open once more.

"Here. I brought pillows and blankets to keep us nice and warm while we listen to your record." Belphie said, sitting down next you before draping a blanket over you both.

You leaned against Belphie and stifled a yawn. You weren't ready to sleep yet. But alas, the soft music was lulling you to dreamland.

"It's okay. You can fall asleep next to me. I'm sorry you're missing your home for the holidays. But I hope you know that I will always be right here by your side, (Y/N). Sweet dreams." Belphie whispered in your ear, wrapping his arm around you.

Slowly, you felt the world slip away and you let yourself dream about the chaos of tomorrow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belphie stayed by your side for hours that night, holding you in his arms. He hoped you could feel his love for you, even in your dreams. He never wanted you to feel alone or homesick ever again. So, he would tell you, when the both of you woke up the next day, just how much you meant to him and everyone else here in Devildom.