growing curiosity, and distain.

The house next door was odd. There was no car in the driveway, or parked next to it on the street, and OJ just kind of assumed it was vacant, or nobody was home, but as he was unwinding last night, he swore he could see lights on in it from his bedroom window. It obviously wasn't a big deal either way, if he had a direct neighbor or not, but he figured he'd go check after assembling the cherries headboards for their beds, a break between theirs and his. Some fresh air would be nice, anyways. So he stepped out, honestly just hoping this wasn't one of those neighborhoods where everybody there kept to themselves. He liked a sense of community, and didn't want to have to regret the move this early into it. He noticed again, the lack of a car, and the closed curtained windows by the front door. Nothing too odd, but as he walked up the simple pathway towards the door, he strained to hear what sounded like a tv program or something on. The living room was probably right when you got in the door.

OJ hoped he wasn't creepy for this, as he knocked on the door. He strained to listen again, what sounded like a thud, and then whatever was on the TV turned off very soon after. What sounded like... Footsteps, and then complete silence. OJ knocked again, sure someone was home. The door was completely solid, so he couldn't see anything beyond it as he stood, holding his hands together a bit awkwardly as he stood and waited. He swayed a little in his spot, before another noise caught his attention, what sounded like fabric... or-- Curtains? OJ moved his gaze to look over at one of the windows, fast enough to see the sudden drop, and return to the usual position closed curtains usually had.

Whoever was in there obviously didn't want to greet him. So he'd greet them instead.

"Uh, sorry if this is a weird introduction or anything, I just wanted to say-- and uh," he paused, scratching the back of his neck as he swayed a bit still; "I hope this isn't weird, I just want to meet my neighbors and all, get settled in the neighborhood, uhm... If you ever wanna actually meet or something, I'm in the house next door. The two story one-- for reference, but um..." Another pause. This was definitely a bit awkward. "I'm sure you knew that. Anyways uh-- I should... Head back. Hope you have a good day?" He ended it on a hopefully positive note, hoping he didn't sound like one of those religious weirdos that went door by door to sell people on the word of their gods. OJ just shook his head, blinking out of this thought, as he turned to leave. As he walked back down the path to the sidewalk, he could see the curtain open out of the corner of his eye, but he didn't risk looking this time.

Whatever. This wasn't a day ruiner or anything anyways. One reclusive neighbor wasn't going to spoil his plans. Maybe if he ever sees whoever it is outside, he'll try to strike up a real conversation, rather than basically just talking to a door. For now, he still had to get his house settled a bit more, and his own headboard set up, so his mattress wouldn't be on the floor. And then he had promised the Cherries that he'd set up the TV today. He'd also have to go see who lived on the other side of him, the house to his right, and hope whoever it is would be more social. And maybe if it was a family, someone who the Cherries could be friends with or something.

Busy day today for OJ. Tomorrow will be busy, too. Not like he minded though, he was at least used to being overworked usually. So all this busywork that involved moving and stuff, and making big changes wouldn't be that much of a shock to him, or how he lived.

Though, his main concern was the Cherries. He had adopted them both while he was still living at his apartment, and though he was sure they'd appreciate the space of a real house, he wasn't sure how the two of them would handle this. It wasn't like they had made many friends at the apartments-- there weren't really any other children, but... OJ sighed. This would just be something he'd have to talk to the two about, and check in regularly on if they're doing alright. He thought about this as he assembled his headboard, hoping that with living in a real neighborhood, and having a real yard, that they'd have the chance to both make friends their age or something, and be able to spend more time outside. He knew they were getting restless, always stuck in the apartment and all, not really being allowed outside unless they were being watched, so maybe this would be a good change.