The funeral

warning for physical abuse in this chapter. stay safe

Being in a car again after so long made him feel nauseous. No matter how much he tried to decline the offer he was presented, the other just didn't seem to want to take that as an answer.

So here he was, stuck in the backseat of a car with one of his dads newer creations as someone he didn't know or recognized drove them into the city. It was a long drive, more than an hour to get there, so it was just a lot of uncomfortable silence between everyone. Every time 5 tried to initiate any sort of conversation, MePhone just opted to stare out the window, completely ignoring them until they shut up. He wanted to go home. He wanted to talk to OJ, or his brother, but he was too scared to move, already trembling enough, and too scared to bring his phone out of his pocket, lest the other look at what he was doing. He'd have to wait until they reached their destination to contact anyone about this.

He didn't need 'saving', or someone to get him away from this, no, he was given an offer he literally couldn't refuse by the younger robot, so he was just going to force himself through this-- he just... Needed some emotional support through all of this.

Eventually, the silence seemed to get to the younger, letting out a long, annoyed groan.

"Come on. Surely you have something you can talk about. This whole hour doesn't have to be so... Cold."

"You're the one who's been stalking me. Why should I be polite with you." MePhone looked at them, a glare on his face. He wouldn't admit it, but the silence was making him a bit uncomfortable. At least he'll try to entertain one conversation.

"I wouldn't call it stalking. I just needed to know where you lived, so I could pick you up when the time was right."
"Dad was still alive when I saw your stupid car." MePhone couldn't help, or hide the shakiness of his voice as he spoke, just so frustrated with this guy.

"Yes, well, the universe was giving me signs that he wasn't going to last long." 5 just shrugs. "So, Blue, are you excited for the funeral?" There was something mean about their tone as they continued.

MePhone's expression shifted to genuine frustration; "Don't call me that."
"Fine, fine. But answer the question."

"Why would I be excited for a funeral I didn't even want to go to. Let alone any funeral in general."
"Just asking. I know I am. We have a suit tailored for you and everything. Our creator really wanted you to show up."

"Yeah, well I- I don't care what he wants."

"Now is that any way to speak about a dead man? Disrespecting his wishes? How cruel are you?"

"I-"

"And lets not forget the deal we've made."

MePhone shut his mouth, returning his gaze out the window. He hated this. He hated this guy, this car, the idea of going to a stupid funeral, the idea of wearing a stupid suit again, and having to interact with stupid shitty businessmen, or other creations of his dad. He hated all of this. He wanted to go home. But he was stuck here, instead.

He had nowhere to go, and he had walked right into it. This really was his own fault, wasn't it.

.

.

.

"You WHAT." 3gs couldn't help but raise his voice, his tone shifting too.

"I- I changed my mind-- uhm... I just-- I'd... I could really use some support here. Can... Can you go, too?"

3gs had just found out his brother was attending their dads funeral, after specifically saying he shouldn't when the two had talked about their plans on going, and he wasn't thrilled in the slightest. He had even specifically told MePad that they weren't going, and here his brother was. Of course, 3gs didn't know the whole story as to why, but... MePhone didn't want to trouble him with that.