much too much

Meredith turns away from her one night stand while he asks "Did you..." trailing off for implication. Meredith says she did but is obviously lying, as she looks upset too.

The next morning, Meredith sits in a chair next to the bed where Steve is still sleeping. She is on the phone with Cristina, awkwardly telling her about him. Cristina walks out of the bathroom, brushing her teeth as she asks questions. The conversation shifts to Cristina telling Meredith that she's at Burke's apartment, and uneasily complaining about the neatness about his apartment. Steve wakes up as Meredith deadpan jokes for her to get out of the house. Steve asks Meredith who she was talking to, and she hangs up. She uses the same parting line as she did with Derek, saying that when she gets out of the shower, he won't be there.

Cristina searches Burke's kitchen and finds a key in a coffee mug with a note next to it. The note, to Cristina from Burke, says that he had a key made for her. Cristina is alarmed.

Meredith and Cristina are sitting on a bench in front of the hospital. Meredith wonders why men she takes home for a one night stand always expect something more. Meredith also says, " Delilah has been avoiding us and she has not slept at the house these few weeks."
Cristina shows her the key that Burke gave her, and protests that they haven't even had coffee together yet. Steve walks up to them, visibly uncomfortable. He's surprised to find out that she works there, and says he has a problem. He moves the jacket to reveal his erect penis. At first, Meredith doesn't notice, but Cristina stares and introduces herself. Steve tells her that he's still erect from sex with her last night, and Meredith finally notices.

Meredith and Cristina walk Steve into the ER. Meredith wants to be discreet while diagnosing him, but Cristina says that it's not her fault that Meredith "broke this guy's penis." As she's saying that, Bailey walks behind them and overhears. They try to walk ahead, but Bailey tells them to stop because she's pregnant and doesn't want to go after them. Cristina says that she needs to check on labs as an excuse to leave the situation. Bailey looks at Meredith and Steve, who are both embarrassed.

Meredith brings Steve and Bailey into an examination room and tells her about his problem, calling Steve a "friend". Steve insists that he didn't take any anti-erectile dysfunction drugs, even after Bailey warns him about the painful diagnostic procedures ahead. Bailey tells Meredith to start his workup.

Meredith tells Cristina that Steve's labs are clean and that someone needs to induce vasoconstriction. Cristina doesn't want to, but agrees once Meredith says she will do every enema Cristina is assigned to for a month. Cristina remarks that she really doesn't want to do it.

Cristina prepares Steve for an enema while he gripes about his unfortunate situation. He is cut off when Cristina begins the procedure.

Bailey checks on Steve, who still has an erection, and informs Meredith and Cristina that the enema didn't work. The next step is a needle aspiration. Steve panics but Bailey tells him the penis could fall off otherwise, so he has to go through with it.

Cristina and Meredith inject Steve as they discuss Burke's key. Meredith says he will be hurt if she gives it back or doesn't use it. Steve tells her that if Burke put himself out there like that it means he's ready to take the next step. As he talks, his penis goes flaccid. He is relieved.

Burke and Cristina meet in the elevator and Burke tells her it's just a key. Cristina says that's good but then he adds that she could move in with him, which freaks her out. She hurries out of the elevator without giving an answer.

Meredith returns to Steve's room to find that he once again has an erection. Bailey says it must be neural and has already called for a consult. Meredith is upset as Derek shows up and asks what's going on.

Derek takes a look at Steve's penis and asks about his problem. Steve explains he had an erection the previous night and it never went away, Meredith wincing beside him. Bailey excuses herself as Derek asks Steve about his last ejaculation. Steve says he doesn't know and asks Meredith if she does. Cristina also leaves and Derek realizes that Meredith had sex with Steve.

Burke goes to see Cristina in the locker room and she asks how he could live with her if he doesn't know anything about her. Burke lists a few very specific facts about her. She tells him those are just little details but he insists that he knows her, and that since it's clear she doesn't wanna move he can't be the only one taking the extra steps, or he will walk away altogether.

Derek explains to Steve that he has a tumor causing the erection. Steve asks if he should be scared and holds Meredith's hand for comfort. Derek watches and explains that after a simple surgery everything should return to normal.

Derek, Delilah and Meredith operate on Steve and Derek cracks a few jokes about her one night stand. Meredith tells him that it gets better, or at least she's trying to be optimistic. Derek then goes to talk to Addison, who has officially signed her contract at the hospital. She says it's time to move forward and he agrees, telling her that they're okay. Addison gets paged for Dorie.

Meredith stopped Delilah before she could walk away,"Del, why are you avoiding us and did you move out without letting us now?" Delilah looked her in her eyes and said," I'm busy. I have a life and a boyfriend so excuse me for hurting your feelings." She then walked away and Meredith was baffled by her behavior. Meredith does not know what is happening with her friend, but she will try to find out. Delilah paged Noah to an on call room and when he came in she hugged him. "How was your day?" She asked.told her that he just got out of the OR and was ready to go home. He knew that she was stressed and still dealing with finding out about her family. She pulled him close and said," I think I am okay, but I have to be at the house more, they are noticing I am not there. So I will see you tomorrow." She gave him a loving kiss before going to Meredith's house.

Meredith visits Steve after his surgery and tells him the tumor is gone. He thanks her for being there and suggests they can go out again but she says no, explaining she was just looking for a replacement and he deserves better than that. She gets paged and turns to George, who is also being paged. She apologizes to Steve and heads off.

Cristina and Burke are being paged after having sex on Cristina's messy living room floor. They hurriedly get dressed.