yesterday

“ After careful consideration and many sleepless nights, here's what I've decided. There's no such thing as a grown-up. We move on, we move out, we move away from our families and form our own. But the basic insecurities, the basic fears and all those old wounds just grow up with us. And just when we think that life and circumstances have forced us truly, once and for all become an adult, your mother says something like that. Or worse, something like that. We get bigger, we get taller, we get older. But, for the most part, we're still a bunch of kids, running around the playground, trying desperately to fit in. I've heard that it's possible to grow up, I've just never met anyone who's actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don't go our way. We whisper secrets with our best friend, in the dark. We look for comfort where we can find it. And we hope against all logic, against all experience, like children, we never give up hope. ”
— Meredith Grey

Delilah had sometime off where she spent some time with her friends, before she went back to work.
Cristina is listening and dancing to music as she's getting dressed and brushing her teeth. Burke comes home from his morning run and they dance together until his phone rings. When the call's done, he tells Cristina that it was her landlord. There's a minor flood in her other apartment, which he didn't know about.

Meredith is visiting her mother. Ellis suddenly tells Meredith she's exhausted because she was going at it all night in the on-call room. Ellis continues by saying that that man can make her pur like a kitten…when he’s not making her roar like a tiger. And then Thatcher wonders why she's not interested in him anymore. If he had any balls, he'd leave on his own. But no, he plays stupid. He's waiting for Ellis to kick him out.

George is observing Meredith in the locker room as Cristina comes in. She tells Meredith that Burke is acting like it's a crime for her to keep her apartment. Meredith understands Burke. Cristina asks what's wrong with her. Meredith says her mommy's a filthy whore.

George asks Izzie how he looks. She says sarcastically that he could use more lip gloss, but he otherwise looks very pretty. She tells George to just talk to Meredith. The group runs into Bailey, who's walking around with her son. They inform her that the ORs are fully functional after the code black. Bailey's taking her husband Tucker home tomorrow. Bailey tells them to go save lives now.

Cristina and Delilah present the case of Jake Burton, who has advanced craniodiaphyseal dysplasia (Lionitis.) As Derek examines him, Jake notices that Cristina finds it hard to look at his face. Jake says it's easier to pretend he's a lion. The surgeons' concern is that the tumors are encroaching on Jake's brain.

A man approaches Meredith at the nurses station and reads Chuck's chart. He concludes the man's a goner. Meredith says she appreciates sensitivity in a stranger. He says he's visiting. He's already confounded by the rain. It makes him want to stay in bed all day. He's obviously flirting. Meredith calls him on it. He says subtlety is not his strong suit. Addison notices him from a distance. He asks Meredith if she dates co-workers. She says no. In that case, he's glad he doesn't work here. She verifies that he's hitting on her in a hospital. Just as they go to shake hands, Derek comes over and punches the man in the face. Derek tells Meredith that this is Mark.

Addison gives Derek an ice pack to put on his hand as Richard is yelling at him for punching people. He wants to know what happened. Addison says that's Mark, with whom Derek used to work and with whom she slept, ruining their friendship. Richard then decides to let this slide and leaves the room. Neither Derek nor Addison know what Mark's doing here.

Delilah's tending to a cut in Mark's face as a favor for Meredith. Mark knows who she is. She also knows who he is. Delilah was mad at Mark and tells him," The couple you broke up was the Shepherds. Stupid man. I want to punch you so badly. But considering I also keep dying, I will ask Derek to punch you again. Come on, your best friend?" Mark looks down and said it just happened. Delilah wants to stitch up Mark's face, but he stops her and tells her to hold the mirror. Delilah then said," Fine, mess up your stupid face, your stupid man. I cannot believe Addison sort of could have been my stepmother." She shuddered saying the last part.