Slytherin Common Room [01/09/1996] - Eleria Weasley

The walls are draped in silver and green banners. All the furniture is black as onyx. The only light is from green flames that look toxic. The temperature is cold and unwelcoming. Everyone seems so dark. I guess the old saying of, 'No witch or wizard in Slytherin didn't go bad', is true. They all look at me with judgmental looks. The worst though, are from the acclaimed, 'Slytherin Gang'. The boys – Draco Malfoy, Mattheo Riddle, Lorenzo Berkshire, and Theodore Nott – all glare at me in disgust. Pansy Parkinson and the Greengrass sisters aren't better. I can see them judging me because I am wearing my brother's hand-me-down pants and shirts. Also, because no one in the Weasley family has been to Slytherin for generations. My red hair and old clothes drew attention against the sea of new robes and suits.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Yells someone from across the room.

It took me a minute to realize who it is that yelled. By the time I have figured out who and turned towards them, they have already begun to walk over. The smell of cologne and cigarettes fill the air. As the smell reaches me, I begin to cough a little.

"Why have you only come to Hogwarts when you're in the fifth year. I mean come on why not join in the first year like the rest of us."

The face of Mattheo Riddle is half a meter from mine. I give myself a minute to take in his features; dark curls fall against pale, scarred skin.

"Why does it matter?" I ask, careful of my tone.

Riddle is still for a minute then begins to laugh.

"I don't see what is so funny." I say, confused.

"Because you're a freak, Weasel. I mean who joins in the fifth year?" Riddle laughs, as do the others I notice.

"Well then," I say looking Riddle dead in his dark brown eyes. "I am delighted to be a 'freak'. If it amuses yourself and your friends." I say as I gather my books and slide them into my school bag When no one makes any additional comments, I take it as my cue to leave. As I do so however, I feel something hit me in the lower back. Then, suddenly, I feel all the bones and nerves in my body tense, and I fall onto the ground paralyzed. I know that I cannot speak or move as I have experienced this before.

"No one comes into the house of my descendent and disrespects me! And definitely not you, Weasley.' Riddle yells, outraged.

Then, CRACK! I feel the blood warm and rolling down my face before I even realize that he has broken my nose. The pain is there but not as overpowering as the urge to laugh. The only reason I don't laugh is the body binding curse I am still trapped in.

"Nice one!" calls, who I think is Berkshire, while Nott and Malfoy whistle in agreement.

After a while, the curse wears off and I can re-set my nose. Once that has been completed, I start towards the common room's entrance and up to the Hospital Wing.