Astronomy Tower, Staircase [20/10/1996] - Mattheo Riddle

"He gave you and Tom a task, didn't he?" Eleria asks.

"Yes." I mutter.

"What for?" She asks timidly.

"To bring the oldest Weasley girl to him." I recite my father's words. "I am not going to though, I promise."

Eleria looks at me stunted and with tears in her eyes.

"I promise." I repeat.

"H-how can I know you're telling the truth?"

Sighing, I say, "I don't know. But I will protect you if Tin decides to break the deal he and I made."

"What deal?'

"I made him promise that he will not go through with fathers orders."

"What does he get in return?"

"Control."

The single word seams to shock Eleria and when I start to reach out a hand, in an attempt to comfort her, she turns and runs.

Skipping two stairs at a time, I run after her.

"Eleria!" I call as I watch her ginger hair, which had been scooped up into a ponytail, disappear around the corner of the staircase's entrance.

"Wait! Please!" I stop knowing it is no use to keep chasing her. "Fuck."

"What happened this time?" asks Draco, who is flanked by Theodore and Lorenzo.

"My father." I growl turning to my friends.

"Flint said he's throwing a party int the common room tonight." Theodore says, trying to divert to another subject.

"Yeah. We were planning to go, and it would be a way to clear your mind." Lorenzo adds.

"Yeah. Okay." I turn and start towards the Slytherin common room.