Final Epilogue 9: Death of A mother figure

/Time skip 1 year/

/3rd pov/

It's been one year since Cross started his training to try and become on and sense the Mana around him. Right now He still wasn't getting it at all.

And right now he was seen sitting on a wooden platform on top of a very tall spike with others that looked exactly alike.

' Breath in breath out breath in breath out' Cross thought while drawing in some mana from around him 'Remember what she said feel the mana around you and become one with it

He stayed in the same position for about 2 hours but was shaken out of it when Zefia called him down.

Zefia: "Come on down it's time for you to have a break," she said as she made the wind to carry him off of the platform and onto the ground inform of her.

Cross: 'She keeps showing it off in front of me but I can never sense her mana' he thought annoyed at how she always teased him by using the technique while he couldn't.

Zefia: " Come and sit Cross I made some sandwiches to eat," she said lifting a basket

Cross walked over and got a sandwich that she offered but after 30 or so minutes he suddenly got an Idea about how the technique worked but he couldn't do it alone so he asked Zefia for some help

Cross: " Hey Zefia can you help me with smoothing I think I got a lead on how the technique works," he said with an enthusiastic face making Zefia raise an eyebrow thinking how he could have figured something out about it so fast. " C'mon we don't have all day," he said as he jumped up grabbed her hand, and led her to the training area.

And when they got there he told her what his plan was.

Cross: " Ok so If you don't mind do you think you could redirect some small spell that I'll launch at you? " he asked making Zefia even more confused but she nodded and got into a defensive position and gave Cross the ok sign to start. " ok here we go " he then conjured a large boulder and launched it Zefia and with absolute precision she shifted her stance and punched the boulder making it shatter but then when whipped her hand back and pretend to throw something back and when she did all of the little shards fo rock came flying back at Cross who luckily dodged the attack

Zefia: " My goodness Cross are you ok" she asked like a worried mother while running to him and checking.

Cross: " Nah I'm all good but let's go Again I think I'm getting it," he said as they got into position again.

And for the next couple of days, Cross And Zefia kept doing this practice well when they could cause Zefia to force him to meditate to not mess up his focus training. And right now they were in the same training area doing the same thing until Cross yelled out for her to stop.

Cross: " Wait I got it Zefia I got it Let's stop real quick!" he yelled excitedly making Zefi doubt he got it just after a month of training. " All right so what I need for you to do is just to throw an earth spell at me then watch," he said while to him it was nothing but a way to show he really did get it but to Zefia she thought he was basically asking her to try and kill him and Cross immediately read the thoughts that she had by how her face looked and sughed " just trust me on this please" he said while making puppy eyes making Zefia blush at his cutness and grit her teeth.

Zefia: "Tsk well alright then if you say so," she said sarcastically as she walked away from him then after 100 steps she put her hands out and conjured a spinning compacted stone and launched it at him with incredible speeds.

'Remember Cross remember what your training" he thought to himself as he got into a stance.

When Cross saw the attack coming towards him he started to flex all of his muscles in his body and closed his eyes ' Remember don't try to forcibly control the mana become one with it ' he thought as he then relaxed his mind and thought back to a memory that he had while training his combat prowess with Zefia.