Chapter 16: Onwards

/1- month later/

Daewi pov

I was walking on a dirt path in the middle of the Kingdom of Sapin while whistling a tune while walking. that was until a wolf-like mana beast came out of nowhere But Instead of dodging I quickly pulled out my sword and cut its head off before continuing to walk while Zenith was on my left. ' hmmm Hey Dad based on your memories of mana beasts do you think I can shapeshift so I don't draw more attention to myself' he asked making me think ' Hmmm well I guess it can't hurt to try I thought back as I then saw as Zenith gritted his teeth. This continued for about 3 min but then right as I was about to say that we should probably get moving he started glowing He was enveloped in tight making me shield my eyes.

But right when the light died down I looked toward him and saw that he drastically changed.

" what the heck!" I said backing up a bit because of how he turned into a big wolf " Zenith is that you?" I asked making Zenith wake up and start running around 'Hey it worked wohooo!' he shouted " Huh well you still have the same colors but I guess this will draw less attention than before" I then walked up to him and patted his head. "C'mon we should get moving and find a town to rest in," I said as I then started to continue walking. 'hmf I finally transformed and that's your reaction' he thought a bit annoyed making me laugh.

/Time-Skip/

After a couple of hours of walking, we were now walking through a forest. " Haa man This path feels like it'll never end," I said to myself bored out of my mind but right then I saw an explosion happen in the distance. " Finally something to do!" I said as I augmented myself with mana so as not to draw attention and ran forward while Zenith was right behind me. After a minute of running, we got to the Area where the explosion came from and when we looked over the cliff what I saw surprised me cause I saw that there was a full team of adventurers along with many other adventuers fighting back against a crap tone of bandits. 'Waoh' I heard Zenith transmit as he saw that battle. But after that, I then saw a long line of carriages with families inside of them.

'Damn must be a lot of people and riches in those for the Bandits to use this many people' I thought as I then looked onwards towards the battle only to see the number of bandits increasing and the defenders decreasing. "Looks like they don't have much time," I said while backing up on the cliff and getting ready. " You ready Zenith," I asked my partner as he walked next to me as well. 'Always' he transmitted then at the same time we both sprinted and jumped off of the cliff and towards the battle while covering ourselves in Mana.

/scene change/

3rd pov

In the battle below people were dying left and right. It was like a tiny war that was happening right in front of the eyes of all of the families and traders that the adventuers protecting.

And right in the middle of the battle was a brown-haired man clad in silver armor killing bandit after bandit. " Captain we can't last much more!" he yelled out to the leader who was killing some bandits near him. " I know Kiddo but we ain't got a choice We gotta protect these people from these demons," he said picking up and bandit from the neck and slamming him into the floor killing him. But right then he narrowly dodged an attack but was still hit. 'Damn these Bandits just how many are there.' he thought but was then blown back by a large fire spell that sent him out of the battlefield. "Captain!" the person who was talking with him yelled out as he ran to him. " Everyone fall back and protect the Citizens to your last breath!" he said as he then got over to the captain. " Hang in there captain You're going to be alright," he said as he started dealing with the wound.