Chapter 8

"Jerry Lee?" Arnold asked, "what on earth are you doing here??"

"I was gonna visit Elvis, and Trevor happened to be drivin' through Newtown," Jerry Lee explained, "and I heard from him that my cousin happens to have a crush on a certain firefighter!"

"Yeah," Ellie said, "he's in love with Penny."

"Oh, I remember when she used to work in Newtown," Jerry Lee reminisced, "we worked fine together. It'd be great to see her again. Say, where is Penny??"

"She's out patrolling in Jupiter," Arnold explained, "so did Trevor tell you the plan?"

"Every single bit of it," Jerry Lee smirked, "it's gonna be mighty hard, getting those two together. My lil cousin doesn't have much experience with women." (Jerry Lee was 1 year older than Elvis, so he always called him 'lil cousin.')

"You mean, like, he's never had a girlfriend or anything like that?" Moose asked.

"Nope," Jerry Lee replied, "he's never even had his first kiss."

"Hey, Penny said she hasn't ever had her first kiss too!" Ellie said, jumping closer to Jerry Lee, making him blush a bit, "so it'll be DOUBLE hard!"

"I suppose," Jerry Lee said, scratching the back of his head, "but with enough work and effort, we should be able to get them together eventually."

"Why don't you go talk with Vis?" Sam suggested, "he's probably still resting upstairs."

"Okay," Jerry Lee smirked, clearly appearing more confidant than his younger cousin, "I'll bring him down to get somethin' to eat in about 20 minutes or so. You think you guys can work out the plan by then?"

"Of course," Ellie said, "I've got everything under control. And remember: DON'T tell Elvis about the plan."

"I will. Thanks," Jerry Lee smiled at her, showing off his perfectly white and straight teeth, "see you later."

Then, almost in a flash, Jerry Lee Cridlington was gone.

Meanwhile...

"AGGGHHH it's so darn bright!!"

"Oh, will you hush up and stop being a baby, Norman???"

The two boys were now immersed in the light, which covered every inch of their bodies. Norman was squinting as hard as he could, making sure every few seconds that his glasses weren't melting and that he wasn't going blind. Derek, on the other hand, was far more resilient, going forward, practically dragging Norman along in the process.

Finally, it was dark again. Colors swarmed throughout the boys eyesight, filling their orbs with optical allusions. Norman took off his glasses and rubbed his handkerchief on them before putting them back on his head. 

It took a moment for the colors to fade and for the two boys to adjust their eyes to the sudden darkness once more. Derek kept squinting and unsquinting his eyes, not to mention blinking and unblinking them as well.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, they were both able to see. And what they saw was AMAZING! Gold everywhere! And silver too! Whole chests of it!

"Woah!!" Derek said, "did we find Pontypandy Pete's treasure or something???" (i dunno if they already did in series 10 so it'll be like this i guess)

"I-I guess so," Norman managed to stutter out, "there's so much of it, Derek. We could solve world hunger with this!" Naturally that was an exaggeration- an innocent and wholesome exaggeration.