Chapter 15

Elvis Cridlington had decided to walk home. He didn't want Penny to walk home, so he had left Venus there and decided to get some exercise, which he felt he needed due to his skinny frame of over 6 feet tall.

He sighed as he passed Dilys's store and Bella's Cafe. Everyone seemed to happy, so gay. He sighed once more. His feelings felt like a crushing weight, a weight that he couldn't lift from his shoulders; and his heart.

Suddenly, the wind seemed to speak. It whispered, "you will regret this, Elvis Cridlington..."

Elvis winced at the cold, and shivered a bit, folding his arms to keep warm. However, when he finally looked up and saw one of the last people that he wanted to see right then: Sam and Arnold.

Elvis sighed, "double trouble," he muttered, trying to hide behind the old phone booth, but Sam happened to turn his head just as Elvis attempted to hide his tall frame.

"Elvis," he said, striding towards his friend, practically dragging Arnold behind him, causing the latter to get scraped knees, "why are you here? I thought you were with Penny at the hospital to watch Trevor??"

"I wasn't feeling well," Elvis said, a chill running down his spine, "so I-I'm going home."

"How's Trevor?" Arnold asked, falling in front of Elvis with an "aaauuugghhh!!!" because Sam had let go of him, "is he doing better or not??"

"Better, it seems," Elvis said shyly, blushing, his face feeling warm. He wanted to go home so badly, because his head felt like it was swimming. The wind kept whispering "this choice shall haunt you, Elvis Cridlington..."

What choice?! What the heck was this voice talking about?!

"Well, I think you'd better go home," Sam said, "you don't look too good, Elvis. Did you eat something bad or somethin'?"

"I guess," Elvis said, now feeling like he was going to vomit. His bladder filled up quickly, and he tried his best not to pee his pants right then and there. He needed to get home now.

"Alright," Sam smiled kindly, "let's get back to the fire station, Arnold."

As soon as his two friends were out of sight, Elvis started to fast-walk towards his house. A minute or two later he arrived and hurriedly unlocked his door and stepped inside. He threw off his shoes and hurried upstairs towards his bathroom, closing and locking the door behind him. He rushed towards his toilet and lifted up the seat, unzipping his pants in the process. A minute or two later, he zipped up his trousers and flushed the toilet. He washed his hands. Then he went back to the toilet to throw up. 

Afterwards he took a shower and got into his pajamas before sliding into bed. I just need some rest, he thought, that's what I need.

He closed his eyes, drifting off into a deep sleep, dreaming of Penny.