Chapter 33

Penny's eyes widened in surprise. "Elvis," she finally said, "are you seriously asking me to-"

"To be my wife?" Elvis grinned awkwardly, "of course. Who wouldn't want to marry you, Penny Morris?"

Penny broke into a grin and said, "Elvis Cridlington, of course I'll marry you."

Elvis got up and put the ring on his beloved's finger before she jumped into his arms, grinning and giggling. Elvis blushed as he looked at Jack and Martha. They both looked pleased and fine with the whole situation, which made him feel as though he had been accepted. As for his parents, Jane was ecstatic. William was shocked.

"Smashin' good job, Vis," Jerry Lee said, "you really got yourself a good girl there."

"Well," William said, looking flustered, "that was-unexpected."

"Woah," was all Sam could say, "Elvis, what is happening right now???"

"I have no clue!!" Elvis answered gleefully as Penny kissed his face over and over and over again, still holding on tight to him.

"Visie, I never want to let go of you," Penny kept saying as Elvis looked back at her, "I love you so much... I hope our baby looks just like you..."

"Yeah," Elvis said before stopping, "wait, what baby?!"

"Wait wait wait wait wait," Arnold said, a disturbed look forming on his face, "Elvis, what have you been doin'...?"

"Oh, hush," Phoenix said, "whatever the heck your name is."

"Arnold."

"Am I gettin' a little cousin???" Phoebe exclaimed, "I've got an uncle, and now I've got a cousin!!!"

Sam looked at Penny and said, "I am so confused on several levels right now..."

"Sam, don't be a moron," Penny told her friend.

Elvis turned to Penny, a confused look on his face.

"Penny," he finally said, "what do you mean?"

"Elvis, I'm going to have your baby."

Elvis's eyes widened in surprise as he finally was hit with the shocking truth. "You're-you're pregnant?! F-for how long?! Wha-what?!"

"Elvis, you big dummy!!" Ellie joked, "she told me last week!! She's been tryin' to tell you for the longest time!!!"

"I've been pregnant for 2 months," Penny told her fiancé, "but we've been too busy with all sorts of emergencies and stuff like that for me to sit you down and tell you, so I thought now was the best time to say it."

"This is amazing!!" Elvis said, swinging Penny around in his arms, "I'm going to be a father!! I'm going to get married and I'm going to have a baby!!!"

King's advice had worked.