Chapter 13

Elvis and Penny stood awkwardly near Trevor's bed, trying not to look at each other. Trevor was doing better, and Nurse Flood said that he would make a full recovery by next year. It had been a massive relief to both firefighters.

Finally Elvis got up and said, "I'm thirsty. I'm gonna go get some water."

"Well, hurry back," Penny replied, trying not to look at Elvis. She found him extremely attractive, being the tallest guy in Pontypandy, with his jet black Elvis-like hairstyle, perfectly slicked back in a natural manner (i just kinda feel that his hairstyle is natural). His long nose made her heart beat faster, and his endearing clumsiness was too much just to keep alone for so long.

Elvis walked outside to the waiting room, where there was just one other person there: an old woman with a cat that had an eye patch over one orb, and looked very skinny and gaunt, not to mention it probably hadn't had a bath in ages. Elvis grimaced at the sight of the cat, but didn't want to seem rude, so he focused on refilling his water bottle.

Once he had refilled it, he took a long swig of water, gasping and sighing as he wiped his lips afterward. He put the cap back on his water bottle and started to leave, when he felt something land on his shoe. Elvis looked down to see the cat, who was now digging his claws into the leg of his pants. Elvis desperately wanted the creature to let go of him, as it was causing him extreme pain, but he then saw the elderly woman walking towards him. He gulped as she slowly detached her cat from his legs and held it in her arms.

"Uh," Elvis stuttered, not sure what to say.

Suddenly the cat looked at him and said in a low, demonic voice, "Elvis Cridlington, you had your chance! You shall die alone!"

Elvis yelped out in surprise, when suddenly he felt his head hit something. It was a door. He was standing near the water fountain. The old woman and the cat were still sitting down in the waiting room.

Was the whole thing just... a dream??

No, it had seemed so vivid! So real...

But what had the cat meant by saying that he had 'had his chance?'

Did this have something to do with Penny...?

No, he thought, I made a promise to myself. I am NOT going to tell Penny how I feel. She doesn't return my affections.

Slowly, Elvis slunk back towards Trevor's hospital room, eyeing the cat the whole time. 

Suddenly the cat looked straight up at him and looked deep into his eyes. The cat's orbs were a blood red, that seemed to be oozing fluid from them... blood...

"This is your last chance, Elvis Cridlington!!"

"GAAHH!!!!" Elvis screamed, crashing into Trevor's room.

Penny instantly sprung up, "Visie, are you okay?!"

"Ugh, yeah," Elvis said, rubbing his head and backside with both hands, "I-I don't think I'm feeling well, that's all."

"Perhaps you should go home," Penny advised, "you look pale."

"Yeah," Elvis said, feeling cold sweat trickling down his face, "I-I think I should go home." He then limped towards the exit, leaving Penny worried for her friend's safety and health.

"Oh, I hope Visie's alright," she said, "maybe I should call him later and ask him how he's feeling..."

"You have a crush on him," Trevor piped up presently, "I know it."

Penny whipped her head around, "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"I know you do," Trevor said, "it's so obvious."

Penny sighed, "yeah, you're right. I've been in love with him for so long that sometimes I'm not even sure if it's real or not sometimes."

"That is NOT a good sign," Trevor said from his hospital bed, "you need to tell him how you feel, and soon."

"But what if he doesn't feel the same way?"

Trevor hesitated for a moment. He had been afraid that Penny would bring this up. He knew both sides of the story, that Elvis liked Penny and Penny liked Elvis, but he, like practically everyone else in Pontypandy had started to accept that, due to the disastrous failing of Ellie's most recent wacky plan, Penny, or perhaps Elvis, should be brave enough to tell the other how they truly felt. 

"So," Trevor said uneasily, "i-if he doesn't feel the same way, then at least you'll know if you tell him." 

Penny sighed again, "you're right. D-do you think that I should call him now?"

"Wait until he gets home," Trevor told the worried young blonde, "then you should call."

"Alright," Penny said, "thanks, Trevor. I'll call him."