Chapter 19

(i dont ship sam and penny, you will find out why i have this picture once you read the chapter, which is SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱)

Sam stood at the alter, looking slightly older. He was now 40 years old, Elvis calculated, and looked neat. His hair was slicked back, his quiff no longer sticking up due to all of the gel, and wore a neat tuxedo with a bowtie. He looked proudly at the bride as the priest continued with the lines.

The bride was absolutely radiant, with her white gown going down for miles, her blonde hair looking splendid. She smiled back at Sam.

Penny Morris was the bride, who was getting married to Sam Jones.

Elvis was absolutely shocked. Did this mean that Penny didn't feel the same way? Or was King trying to tell him something else?

"No..." he squeaked out, "I knew it... she likes Sam..."

Suddenly, his eyes shifted to the right side of Sam, and he nearly fainted. 

There, stood his older self.

The future Elvis Cridlington's hair was slightly messier, as if he didn't care. Why wouldn't he? The girl of his dreams was marrying his best friend. He saw his older self sigh as he looked longingly at Penny. Arnold, his hair looking basically the same, noticed Elvis, as he was right beside him, and looked curiously at his friend. However, Elvis looked away. Ellie, on the left side of Penny, seemed to notice as well, although Elvis ignored the two of them.

Elvis turned to King, his eyes burning with tears, and he said, "why did you show me this? Just to PROVE to me that Penny doesn't feel the same way??"

King was silent for a moment before saying, "you don't understand. She COULD have felt the same way, but you missed your chance. She's fallen in love with someone else, leaving you alone, Elvis Cridlington."

Elvis watched as Penny and Sam said their 'I do's' and shared a passionate kiss. Everyone cheered, and the future Elvis forced a smile as he started to clap. However, Elvis could see the pain in his older self's eyes, and he knew that within just a few years this would be himself.

Elvis watched as the celebrations continued. His future self stood at the edge of the church, with a drink in hand, leaning against the wall, watching as the bride danced with her new husband. He let out a sigh as Ben approached him.

"Dude," he asked, "what's wrong?"

"Huh?" the older Cridlington said, "oh, uh, nothin'."

"Isn't this great?" Ben said, looking around at the party, "I thought those two would never get together!!"

"Yeah," Elvis said, trying to sound happy, "it sure did take them a long time."

"Hey, didn't you use to have, like, a crush on Penny a few years ago?" Ben asked, "y'know, right around the time when Ellie and Arnold got together?"

The current Elvis was shocked as he watched this future interaction unfold. Ellie and Arnold had gotten together? Well, it was about darn time!! They had been in love for what felt like forever!!

"Uh, yeah," the future Elvis stuttered out, "but that was a long time ago. Plus, I didn't think that she felt the same way."

"Well," Ben said, raising his glass, "I hope you find the right person someday."

"Yeah," Elvis said, raising his glass back, "uh, do you mind if I go outside for a bit? I've been dying for some fresh air."

"Alright," Ben said as he walked away, "I hope you're doing alright, pal."

"I am," Future Elvis said as he rushed out of the church, "I just need some air."

King and Elvis followed Elvis's future self outside. Elvis saw his older self crumple to the ground near a tree, and started to cry.

"Why?" Elvis heard himself say, "why why why why why?? Why didn't I SAY something earlier?!?! Oh God, Penny, I love you!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!"

However, no one heard him as King pulled Elvis back into the light, saying, "come, let us go forward 20 years, my child..."