9.

Author's POV:

Vaani called him and asked to arrive at 'the place' within few hours.

She soon reached there and he was already waiting for her. He handed her all the information about Rudra which he was able to find till now. It contains of all the deals and buisness related stuff but she was not satisfied as it doesn't contains anything about his personal life, his past, or any of his weakness which she can use if he does anything to her.

She was kinda shocked that no-one knows anything much about him and the members of his family. How it is possible to be not in headlines of the news even after being so well known in buisness industry.

He must have paid every one a huge amount of money to keep their mouths shut. She wanted to know about him, as it will make it easy for her to interpret his mind.

She went through all his deals and his way to tackle his business. By all this she was able to understand only single thing i.e., he is very cold, rude and straight forward. But when he is with her he is all sweet, cute and lovely. It is becoming difficult for her to understand.

While thinking all this he interrupted her, "Vaani, I think you should call this marriage off. Rudra is very rude and cold, I don't think  he ever will be able to be the partner you deserve."

"First of all, you know why I am getting married to him because you were incapable of collecting all the proofs in so many fucking years." She bursted out on him.

But, seeing his face getting pale she continued, "Now, let it be, and focus on what I am saying to you. I saw all the evidences and documents, the common thing is a mark. You have to just find what that mark is about and who has this mark and the meaning of this mark. Everything related to this. You have to do this, and don't you dare to repeat your mistake, understood?"

To which he just nodded and went away from there. As soon as he went away, she dialed a number and said, "keep an eye on him and tell me if you feel something suspicious."

"You can rely on me, and you know that." Person from other side said.

She agreed and hung up.
Leaving that place she went to her office and as soon she entered.
Everyone started congratulating her as the news of her getting married to 'The Rudra Pratap Rathore'.

Hearing this already frustrated vaani yelled making everyone flinch, "silence"
Soon there was pun drop silence and she continued, "I am paying you all for doing your jobs efficiently and if you want to congratulate me then there is a professional way of doing. You all are not allowed to make my workplace a fish market. So be careful from next time."
She said all this in her cold and rude tone.
She further continued softly with a smile, "By the way, thank you everyone for your warm wishes"

She then engaged herself with the work.
Her phone popped up with a message and it was from Abhi.

"Di, come home, asap."

She got so tensed that she almost ran out of her cabin while calling the driver to be ready to leave.

In the way she texted him back

"I am on my way, I will reach there anytime soon."

Her overthinking consumed her as she started getting the goosebumps and all her past started rewinding infront of her eyes.
She wanted to scream so badly but she can't, she can't show the world her weakness. She needs to be strong to protect her loved ones from this world.

They reached the Singhania mansion and she just rushed into the house and as soon as Abhi came in her vision she just hugged him and dragged him to her room.