Part 16 - Make Me Yours

Roman's POV

I watched angelic perfect Isla sit cross legged in front of me on her little couch with an expression of pure fear on her face.

"It's okay. He just has a broken nose and a few bruises for now. He expected this to happen." I tried to reassure her but that definitely didn't make it better. I stood up and grabbed the bottle of champagne and poured her more, bringing the glass to her mouth.

"It's okay. Have a drink, Isla." I told her and sat down closer to her, holding the glass at her mouth. Clearly stunned, she obeyed.

"Who...um...who are you Roman? If you just go ahead and do stuff like that?" Awww sweet, sweet Isla...had no clue what I was capable of. It was so adorable.

"What did you expect me to do? He told you he was going to rape you, for fuck's sake! Was I supposed to just ignore it? I held back, I didn't kill hi- you know what?" I suddenly cut myself off, watching her eyes go wide in even more shock. "Let's not talk about him, okay? I promise he won't touch you. I promise."

That's a promise I knew I could keep because I was literally going to fucking kill him.

We sat in silence for a bit and I just enjoyed watching her sit uncomfortably in front of me. This was so strange and such a new experience for me. I don't think I've spent this much time with any woman without sex. Damn, what the fuck was wrong with me?! I started wondering why I've never wanted to do that, why I used all women before and they all used me.

"Why did you tell me I was oblivious?" Isla asked quietly. Fuck, she was such a dream. Her little pyjamas with ice cream cones were complimentary to her innocence.

"Because you can't see...how I feel about you." I responded honestly and watched her nod.

"Why did you say you think you're in love with me?" She looked down at her glass but then at me, waiting for an answer. For the first time ever, I felt so vulnerable and raw. I've never been so open and honest...with anybody. But I wasn't afraid to tell her the truth because fuck...it was painful already.

"Because I am. I'm in love with you." I spoke slowly and my eyes never left her face. I told her exactly what was on my heart but watched tears appear in her eyes again. "I know I look like I'm incapable of that feeling but...I love you, Isla. And I'm not sure how it happened..." Oh fuck, now I was fucking shaking inside.

I watched Isla lean back onto the arm of the couch and drop her head. She sniffled but then said to me through her tears,

"Don't fucking play with me like that, Roman! This is not something you joke about!" I watched her cover her face with her hand and continue crying. Oh fuck, I didn't know what to do. I watched beautiful and petite Isla sit in front of me and slightly shudder as tears overtook her.

I just sat there, feeling guilty that I was making her cry. But then a thought hit me: was I a man or just mush? I just told Isla I loved her and like a complete idiot, I just sat there and watched her cry. Not thinking any further, I took her glass out of her hand and dropped it on the floor, pulling her hand toward me.

Seeing her surprised expression just spurred me on and I pulled her more into me, her small body slightly rising to her knees. I picked her up as she slightly gasped and placed her on my lap, her legs straddling me.

Holy fuck, her body so close to mine, I momentarily froze from her small weight on mine. This was fucking it. I wasn't going to dance around it anymore. I looked into her eyes and saw something I've never seen before in any woman whose eyes I looked into; affection and care...for me.