CHAPTER 19|Jealousy?

Author's POV

On the bustling set, Raghbir and Meera found themselves becoming frequent companions. Their camaraderie was evident, and Ishika, always quick to catch the nuances of relationships, took every opportunity to playfully tease the duo.

It was one of those days, when their workload was heavy and they finally got time to fill their stomach. And During the break , Raghbir and Meera sat side by side, engrossed in casual banter and enjoying their meal. The atmosphere was relaxed, the clinking of cutlery and distant chatter forming a backdrop to their shared moments.

As Raghbir took a bite, an unnoticed smudge near his lips escaped his attention.

Meera, unable to resist the urge to fix the imperfection, reached out and gently wiped it away with her fingers. The touch, innocent yet intimate, sent a subtle ripple through their connection.

Ishika, seizing the chance for mischief, couldn't resist a teasing remark. "Well, well, looks like we have a real-life romantic scene here!"

Raghbir and Meera, caught off guard, exchanged a glance before the telltale blushes painted their cheeks. Raghbir cleared his throat, attempting to deflect with humor. "Just a lunch mishap, nothing romantic about it."

Meera, her playful smile betraying the embarrassment, added, "I just couldn't let him roam around with food on his face."

Ishika, not one to let the moment pass, winked mischievously. "Sure, sure. Nothing romantic at all. Just two friends sharing an 'accidental' lunch moment."

The others laughed while Meera and Raghbir were left smiling and shaking their heads.
.
.
.
Meera sat on the bed, scripts in hand, immersed in her work. Vijay, a friend and co-star, lounged nearby, shirtless, their camaraderie evident in their laughter and casual touches. Unbeknownst to them, Raghbir, though acknowledging their friendship, couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy.

Vijay was a married man, and was a very good friend of him and the others on the set including meera. But he disliked the fact that Meera Was being so touchy with him.

Whats wrong in that? They are friends, it's normal.

Raghbir tried making himself understand but couldn't shake off the feeling. And to add up more, the entire day Meera seemed too busy to even spare him a glance.

As the day's shoot wrapped up around 5 in the evening, Raghbir found himself behind the wheel, navigating the traffic-laden roads. His phone buzzed, and when he saw Meera's name on the screen, he hesitated before answering.

"Hey, Raghbir, how about dinner tonight?" Meera's voice, warm and inviting, filled the car.

Raghbir, battling the swirl of emotions within, replied curtly, "Not tonight, Meera. Maybe some other time."

He cut the call without a word and continued to drive
.
.
.

Ise kya hogya ab!! Meera slapped her forehead with her phone, and sat down with a thud.

But soon an idea popped in her mind and she decided to confront the issue head-on. She made her way to his home, armed with food she had cooked herself. Nervous yet determined, she knocked on the door.

Raghbir opened the door, shirtless and just in a towel, a visual that momentarily caught Meera off guard.

Shit! Meera cursed in her mind.

"What are you doing here, Meera?", Raghbir asked making her frown.

What does he mean?? Can't he see the heavy bags in her hands??