CHAPTER 27 | This Is An Ideal Date

Author's POV :

"Will you now please order something? I'm hungry!", Meera whined. Her voice reflecting the irritation. She definitely didn't want the evening to turn out this.

She looked at Raghbir who was looking quite frightened. She bit her lip trying to hide the smile and feigned an irritated glare. He nervously nodded before clearing his throat.

He signaled the waiter and quickly placed their order before turning his attention back to Meera. "I'm really sorry, Meera," he reiterated, his gaze earnest. "I never meant to worry you."

Meera sighed, her anger dissipating in the face of Raghbir's sincerity. "I know," she conceded softly, reaching out to touch his hand briefly. "But you have to understand why I was upset."

Raghbir nodded, his expression contrite. "I do, Meera. And I promise, I'll do better in the future."

Meera offered him a small smile, a flicker of hope stirring within her. "I believe you," she said quietly, her eyes meeting his with a newfound sense of trust.

As their food arrived, they began to eat in companionable silence, the tension of earlier dissipating with each bite. Perhaps there was still hope for them after all.

Raghbir smiled as he watched her eat as if it was the last thing on earth. He cursed himself for making this beautiful lady wait for him. It felt like a sin.

Just as he was busy talking to his conscience, Meera's voice broke his chain of thoughts.

"What were you doing with Kiara?"

Raghbir looked at her, his brows raise. The jealousy in Meera's voice wasn't something to get unnoticed, although her posture was confident.

"When I left home to come here, Kiara called. She was feeling awful, she said. And I had to rush..and I'm so sorry. I –it just slipped out of mind to inform you. I'm so sor-", Raghbir was startled as he felt Meera's hand on his. "Calm down. I said it's fine. I'm sorry, I misunderstood the whole scenario", Meera heaved a sigh.

Shaking his head Raghbir stood up and stepped towards Meera, Kneeling in front of her. He took her hand in his and looked at her.

Meera could feel goosebumps arise in her body. His touch was indeed a new feeling, but the way he looked into her eyes. She felt naked. He had this soul-stirring gaze. Made no sense, she knew. But how her body reacted when he was around, didn't make sense either. But did she have a problem? Nay. She loved how he made her feel. Even after so many misunderstandings, he made her feel valued. And may be thats why, it didn't take her long to forget and forgive whatever happened earlier in the evening.

"Raghbir..", Meera called him out. He hummed.

"Kiss me", Raghbir snapped his eyes at her but kissed her nevertheless.

No.

Not her lips.

He slowly took her hands, and kissed her knuckles, not breaking the eyecontact.

Meera laughed at his ways, and smacked his shoulder, making him laugh as well.

"Meera, would you like to go for a walk?" Raghbir asked as he composed himself.

Meera smiled, a soft glow illuminating her features. "Yes, I would love to," she replied, her voice tinged with excitement.

As they stepped out of the restaurant and into the cool evening air, a sense of serenity washed over them. The bustling city streets faded into the background as they strolled along the quiet pathway, the only sound their footsteps echoing softly against the pavement.

The gentle breeze tousled Meera's hair as they walked, her hand brushing against Raghbir's as they walked side by side. There was a comfortable silence between them, punctuated only by the occasional sound of laughter from passersby.

As they wandered aimlessly, lost in the moment, Meera felt a sense of peace settle over her. Despite the challenges they faced, being with Raghbir felt right, like coming home after a long journey.

And as they walked hand in hand into the night, their hearts open and their spirits light, Meera knew that no matter what the future held, they would face it together, united by love and a shared sense of adventure.

Under the soft glow of the moonlight, Meera and Raghbir's steps slowed, their gazes locked in a tender embrace.

He took a step forward and hold her by her waist. His touch making her heart flutter. With a gentle caress, Raghbir cupped Meera's face, drawing her closer until their lips met in a sweet, lingering kiss.

The kiss was slow, yet passionate.

Meera's breath quickened as her hand went up to his hair and shoulder respectively. She pulled his hair making him groan. Their tongues fought and their hands worked on their own ways.

As the world around them faded into oblivion, lost in the intensity of their connection, a sudden explosion shattered the tranquility of the night. Fireworks burst overhead, casting a kaleidoscope of colors across the sky, illuminating their embrace in a breathtaking display of light and sound.

Meera's eyes widened as the firecrackers burst in the sky above them. Startled, she pulled back slightly, her eyes wide with wonder as she gazed up at the dazzling

"Wow," she exclaimed, pulling back slightly to take in the dazzling display.

Raghbir grinned, his arms still around her. "I didn't plan for that, but I'm glad it happened," he said, his voice filled with laughter.

Meera chuckled, her heart fluttering with joy. "Me too," she replied, leaning in to kiss him once more, the fireworks fading into the background as they lost themselves in each other's arms.

Things may not start the perfect way always, but with the right person, they always turn up perfect.
Raghbir thought, it was indeed, an ideal date.

..

Heyy!! How's the chapter?