Chapter 22

Tanner's POV:

It's the middle of the week and we're back in Savannah for some home games Thursday and Friday. Today is when the packages I need for my date with Liv are being delivered. I texted Savanah on the way to the stadium this morning to remind her. She said she remembered the plan, and would try her best to keep Liv in the dark. I arrived at the stadium and went to the Party Animals locker room. Most of the guys were here already, so we got ready and waited for the rest of the team to arrive. All the guys started talking about random things while I scrolled on my phone. I was double checking to make sure all of my packages were definetly arriving today. One of the guys was sitting next to me, and started to say something. "So T, how's things going with you and Liv? Did you ask her on a date yet?" I was still focused on my phone when I answered without looking up. "Yeah we have a date planned on Saturday night since there isn't a game. I'm actually making sure I have everything I need for it." I went to look up and saw it was Garett. My expression went blank after realizing it was him. He's Liv's best friend on the Party Animals, and I haven't said anything to him about Liv and I. Garett noticed my expression and started to laugh. "Don't worry, I'm not going to tell her you told me or anything. I will say that if you hurt her Thomas I swear to god." He looked at me sternly while I nodded my head to show I understood. He went to say something else, but Vava and Sam came into the locker room. It was time for the Party Animals to start our practice.

Olivia's POV:

Sav and I were busy from the moment we stepped foot into the stadium this morning. Tomorrow's game was a special themed night, so we had to set up for that. Plus we still had all of our regular meetings and things to do. We finally had a free minute, so we sat on the stadium seats to relax. The Bananas were on the field rehearsing the dances they were going to do tomorrow. I was watching Dalton, and couldn't help but laugh. "I'm glad he's blessed with an amazing voice because that boy can't dance to save his life." We both started laughing now and stayed like that for a few minutes. Once we finally calmed down, Sav checked her phone. She instantly stood up, looking like something was urgent. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked as I stood up beside her. "Oh nothing, I forgot I have a meeting. I'll see you in a little." She turned and started to walk up the steps of the seats. "Wait Sav, I can at least walk with you to your meeting. That way I know where to find you when you're done." Savanah stopped walking and turned around. "That's okay Liv, you have a meeting soon anyways. I'll text you after I'm done, and then we'll find each other." She turned around again, and started back up the steps. This time she was taking them two at a time, she really was in a hurry. I wonder where she actually was going. She was acting strange, so maybe she knows something that I don't? I wonder if it has anything to do with my date with Tanner. I don't want to meddle, but I'm not a huge fan of surprises. I decided to let it go, and sit back down in the stadium seats. I'm glad I did since the Bananas wrapped up rehearsal which meant the Party Animals would be coming back out for batting practice.

All the guys from the Animals were walking out, and I finally spotted Tanner. I waved from my seat and tried to not make it obvious in front of the other guys. Tanner smiled and waved back causing me to get butterflies in my stomach. I watched as he walked over to the dugout, and then I couldn't see him anymore. I started watching Garett since he was hitting at the moment. My watch dinged, meaning I had a new message. I pulled out my phone and saw it was from Tanner.

From Tanner: Are you busy or can you stay and watch me for BP? (Author's note: BP= Batting Practice)

I smiled at my phone while texting him back.

From Olivia: I have a meeting in about 15 minutes, but I can stay to watch you for a round or two 😄

I looked up from my phone to see if Tanner was back out on the field yet or not. While I was looking through the guys, my watch dinged again.